Reload this Page >

Is this normal/typical for Dubai/ME

Is this normal/typical for Dubai/ME

Old May 5th 2008, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Doony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this normal/typical for Dubai/ME

Hi,

I got offered a position with a company in Dubai (large local corporate), they said they would send me the details/contract within the next "few days". That was 2 weeks ago and even thought I have emailed them a few times I have had nothing back? Can never seem to get hold of HR on the phone either. Am I doomed or is this just the speed at which they normally work at!!
Old May 5th 2008, 2:17 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is this normal/typical for Dubai/ME

Originally Posted by Doony
Hi,

I got offered a position with a company in Dubai (large local corporate), they said they would send me the details/contract within the next "few days". That was 2 weeks ago and even thought I have emailed them a few times I have had nothing back? Can never seem to get hold of HR on the phone either. Am I doomed or is this just the speed at which they normally work at!!
it DOES sound a bit off.. you should've heard from em by now.. Then again, why'd you wanna work for someone who's so unprofessional..? anyway, good luck dude..
Old May 5th 2008, 2:20 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

That's quite normal for the UAE, but I would keep on their case.

By the way, Zamboooka - welcome back
Old May 5th 2008, 2:30 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
That's quite normal for the UAE, but I would keep on their case.

By the way, Zamboooka - welcome back
They usually dont just disappear, they might drag things on and say stuff like "its under process.." or something or the other... but disappearing's a bit weird.. anyway, maybe Im wrong!

Thanks Samuel L Jackson How're things with you?
Old May 5th 2008, 2:33 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zamboooka
Thanks Samuel L Jackson How're things with you?
Just fine, thanks. Where've you been?
Old May 5th 2008, 2:35 pm
Viva la revolucion..

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
Just fine, thanks. Where've you been?
Been travelling (work related). So, we hijackin this thread or what?
Old May 5th 2008, 2:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by zamboooka
Been travelling (work related). So, we hijackin this thread or what?
No, let's not. Everything takes bloody forever here, and 2 weeks is a nanosecond in UAE HR time. I would, however, follow it up if I were the OP.
Old May 5th 2008, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Doony
Hi,

glacial is the pace here for sure, but defo keep on nagging them as much as you can...can you call the person who interviewed you to get them to give hr a nudge...

MM, xx