Noor Bank

Old May 16th 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all
Default Noor Bank

Hello chaps,

Been a while. Have been furiously trying to find somewhere to live (*****ing agents...) so not logged on for a while.

Anyone bank with Noor? I am told they are superior to the usual expat haunts of HSBC and Lloyds. Any experiences?

Cheers
Old May 18th 2008, 10:38 am
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Noor Bank

Who told you? A Noor rep?
Old May 18th 2008, 10:46 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Im intrigued with this as well..

I am an HSBC customer in the UK, and my company has 'an arrangement' with them for their staff, but from what I can see, there is damn all benefit. They wont let me transfer money from my UK account to the UAE account without charging for SWIFT transfers (I dont need the moeny THAT urgently) and have sent the OH to Lloyds in the UK to see if they can offer a more 'seamless' relationship between the UK side and the UAE side...
Old May 18th 2008, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins
Hello chaps,

Been a while. Have been furiously trying to find somewhere to live (*****ing agents...) so not logged on for a while.

Anyone bank with Noor? I am told they are superior to the usual expat haunts of HSBC and Lloyds. Any experiences?

Cheers
Do you mean the Noor Islamic crowd?

Part of Dubai Holding....???? AVOID!!!!!
Old May 18th 2008, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

Well I went to see them today.

Current account with no charges, 3 x free overseas transfers per month, same day set up with debit card and cheque book. Very good first impressions from their customer service.
Old May 18th 2008, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins
Well I went to see them today.

Current account with no charges, 3 x free overseas transfers per month, same day set up with debit card and cheque book. Very good first impressions from their customer service.
How did they explain the Islamic thing to you, as you were a prospective customer?

Just curious..........
Old May 19th 2008, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

sa4877 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Noor Bank

hey... I have taken an auto loan from Noor Islamic Bank recently. i though their service was extremely good. Not that there is much to an auto loan though.

i got my loan process within 4 days (from handing over docs to making a payment to the car co. ) and the sales guy was very efficient. He came up to my office on time and kept me informed regularly of the progress.

Seemed like a good experience to me.