Reload this Page >

Non-Resident accounts in Dubai

Non-Resident accounts in Dubai

Old Jun 20th 2018, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Livingthedream123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Non-Resident accounts in Dubai

Hi

I am a UK resident and spend a lot of time in Dubai due to family, friends, work travel and vacation etc. I am interested in opening a non-residents account in Dubai to be able to use when over there but also some diversification from the UK and will be hopefully moving to the ME in the distance future.Currently the Emirates NDB non-resident account seems the easiest to open (2 months back statements and passport), but has a poor interest rate.

I will only initially keep a very small amount in there (above the £600 limit) but wondering if there are any other accounts with better rates or ways I can get open an account which allows stock market investments, even if it’s a basic Dubai index fund? Or can I only keep in cash as a non-resident?

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Livingthedream123; Jun 20th 2018 at 3:26 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non-Resident accounts in Dubai

I'm not 100% that buying stocks on the Dubai exchange is classed as investing - gambling or simple consumption maybe.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 7:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Livingthedream123
Hi

I am a UK resident and spend a lot of time in Dubai due to family, friends, work travel and vacation etc. I am interested in opening a non-residents account in Dubai to be able to use when over there but also some diversification from the UK and will be hopefully moving to the ME in the distance future.Currently the Emirates NDB non-resident account seems the easiest to open (2 months back statements and passport), but has a poor interest rate.

I will only initially keep a very small amount in there (above the £600 limit) but wondering if there are any other accounts with better rates or ways I can get open an account which allows stock market investments, even if it’s a basic Dubai index fund? Or can I only keep in cash as a non-resident?

Thanks for any advice.
Why not just invest through your UK accounts?
Old Jun 21st 2018, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why not just invest through your UK accounts?
As mentioned i would like an account in Dubai for the purposes of visits/future stay. I do invest in the uk!
Old Jun 21st 2018, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'm not 100% that buying stocks on the Dubai exchange is classed as investing - gambling or simple consumption maybe.
I am more than happy with the risks and have been buying emerging market stuff for years. Sounds like such an account is not available then, similar to what you can get in the UK with a halifax current account whcih can then be used to buy stocks (sub-account)?
Old Jun 21st 2018, 8:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

As mentioned i would like an account in Dubai for the purposes of visits/future stay. I do invest in the uk!
Don't think it's really needed. Seems like a waste of time to me if I'm honest.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Scamp
Don't think it's really needed. Seems like a waste of time to me if I'm honest.
thanks!

anyone have any useful tips of accounts/services?
Old Jun 21st 2018, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

thanks!

anyone have any useful tips of accounts/services?
You won't find a linked account like Halifax here (that I'm aware of).

You'll need a non-residence bank account. EBND will give you that (not sure any others do?)
You need someone to broker the gambling for you - Mabarsha to name one.
You won't get any interest.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:20 pm
peterparker

Sabi Star is an unknown quantity at this point

NBAD does non resident accounts too. There's a branch in MOE.