British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   NOC query (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/noc-query-860186/)

BerkshireGirl Jun 15th 2015 7:15 pm

NOC query

Hi all,

I've been in Qatar for three years and am leaving for the UAE. My current employer has said that they won't give me an NOC until they see an offer of employment from someone else. My DH is the one who will be working initially, so that's not a problem but:
A) will I face any problems if I do find a job in the UAE or is this a Qatar only issue?
B) can I return to Qatar to visit friends if I haven't had an NOC issued (I read this evening that it wasn't possible even to visit...)

Thanks in advance
BG

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 16th 2015 4:55 am

Re: NOC query

Originally Posted by BerkshireGirl (Post 11675841)
Hi all,

I've been in Qatar for three years and am leaving for the UAE. My current employer has said that they won't give me an NOC until they see an offer of employment from someone else. My DH is the one who will be working initially, so that's not a problem but:
A) will I face any problems if I do find a job in the UAE or is this a Qatar only issue?
B) can I return to Qatar to visit friends if I haven't had an NOC issued (I read this evening that it wasn't possible even to visit...)

Thanks in advance
BG

A) Yes, they're two different countries with different visa rules etc.
B) Not sure. Don't see why not, I assume it's a 'working' ban rather than an entry etc.

Why do they want an employment offer? The ban lasts 2 years and anything in the future is literally nothing to do with them.

Irishbeekeeper Jun 16th 2015 8:16 am

You know for someone who has never been there and has never worked there, I am starting to hate, nay loathe that country more and more!!

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 16th 2015 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11676268)
You know for someone who has never been there and has never worked there, I am starting to hate, nay loathe that country more and more!!

:rofl:

It's a bit shit the working ban. I've heard millions of rumours that it's going to change like it did here, but never see anything come to fruition.

Irishbeekeeper Jun 16th 2015 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11676270)
:rofl:

It's a bit shit the working ban. I've heard millions of rumours that it's going to change like it did here, but never see anything come to fruition.

The only thing thats gonna change is the WC venue mate, I can just feel it!

co durham boy Jun 16th 2015 9:20 am

Originally Posted by BerkshireGirl (Post 11675841)
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
BG

You have no problems on either count . I presume you hold a British passport so you can come and go as you please to visit friends . Just pay the 100QR visa fee on arrival .

Your visa in Qatar has no bearing anywhere else as it's a separate sovereign state once it's cancelled that's it and remember if you're on your husbands visa here in Qatar you don't need a NOC as you'd be sponsored by him .

BerkshireGirl Jun 16th 2015 1:12 pm

Thanks all,

I'm under company sponsorship here... but that's really useful to know.

Thanks again. BG.

Johnnyboy11 Jun 16th 2015 6:21 pm

As already posted, the NOC only applies to a Sponsorship transfer in Qatar, so you don't need one to work in the UAE.

However, make sure you leave Qatar on a final exit permit. Your current sponsor (employer) will process this for you, and once your RP is cancelled, you have 7 days to leave Qatar. Then you can return whenever you want, on a visitor visa issued at immigration control in Qatar an importantly you can leave again without an exit permit, just like any other visitor.

So, make sure your RP is cancelled before you leave, otherwise you run the risk of being flagged as having 'absconded' which can result in difficulties in obtaining a visitor visa if you ever return, or possibly worse if they chose to detain you until they investigate the matter. I've heard that ex. Government employees can be banned from re-entry, even if their RP was cancelled and they leave on a final exit permit.

As with everything in Qatar the processes are at best random and it will depend on who you are dealing with on the day.

Millhouse Jun 17th 2015 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11676278)
The only thing thats gonna change is the WC venue mate, I can just feel it!

I'm not so sure. I would imagine they will just bribe the bribe investigators.