NOC Advice Please

Old Jan 17th 2012, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

dabseyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOC Advice Please

Hey Folks

About a year ago I resigned from my position in Qatar whilst still in my probation period as my then company wanted to extend the probation period and I wasn't having it. Long story short, do I now need an NOC from these chappies in Doha to return to work in Qatar as I have been offered another job in Doha.

Many thanks for any advice offered.

Cold and Wet in London.

Dabseyman
Old Jan 17th 2012, 6:07 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC Advice Please

Hi,

You might need an NOC, depending on which type of Sponsorship you were here on - Visitor, Business or Work (aka Residency Permit).

I think, but I'm not sure, that Visitor and Business Visas expire and can be renewed without an NOC, but a Work Visa requires an NOC otherwise a 2 year break before getting another one.

However, you might be able to return on a Visitor or Business Visa to work here but you will need to leave Qatar for say a Bahrain or UAE return trip every month to get your Visa renewed on entry to Qatar. Complex I know, but I've heard of people forced into doing this until the 2-year period is up. Not too difficult to achieve if you are taking holidays out of Qatar (which most expats do).

Sorry for the vague reply, but it's Qatar and rules and regulations are random at best.

[J]

Last edited by Johnnyboy11; Jan 17th 2012 at 6:09 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dabseyman
Hey Folks

About a year ago I resigned from my position in Qatar whilst still in my probation period as my then company wanted to extend the probation period and I wasn't having it. Long story short, do I now need an NOC from these chappies in Doha to return to work in Qatar as I have been offered another job in Doha.

Many thanks for any advice offered.

Cold and Wet in London.

Dabseyman
You'll have a 2 year ban unless you can secure an NOC from your previous employer .

I'm presuming that you had your work permit and visa in place when you were here.
There's no way round it , you'll need to go back to your previous employer or sit out the ban. They're pretty stringent about it as well.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:06 am
Just Joined

dabseyman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Co Durham Boy

Yes the work permit and visa were in place alright. I have accepted the fact I will have to work through my ban in London so be it. Has construction started getting busy out there mate and have property rentals increased yet. I reckon if the Qatari Government are serious about 2022 they will have to stop being so precious about visa bans and relax the rules a wee bit.

Anyway cheers for your help again.

Best wishes from a dreary wet and cold Kingscross.

Dabseyman
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dabseyman
Hi Co Durham Boy

Yes the work permit and visa were in place alright. I have accepted the fact I will have to work through my ban in London so be it. Has construction started getting busy out there mate and have property rentals increased yet. I reckon if the Qatari Government are serious about 2022 they will have to stop being so precious about visa bans and relax the rules a wee bit.

Anyway cheers for your help again.

Best wishes from a dreary wet and cold Kingscross.

Dabseyman
You'll see a little movement this year but not a great deal , lots of talk and press releases but not much action , typical Qatari's really , they talk a good job but that's about it really.

The Ban is excessive but don't hold your breath with a change , it will never happen in my opinion . Qatar will do what they want on all issues even if they're wrong , it's the same with the exit permit regulation that most people want abolished , it will just carry on as normal.

Good luck mate