Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

No response from Recuitment Agencies

No response from Recuitment Agencies

Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:44 am
Just Joined

rizzy73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No response from Recuitment Agencies

are there any good uk based recruitment agencies that deal with IT in Dubai?

What if you are to demanding is it a negative point for you?

My expereince to be honest is completing a year then moving on and completing a year else where, longest i have stayed with a employer is 14 months is that viewed as a bad thing?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:49 am
Just Joined

rfowler is an unknown quantity at this point

I have experienced the same thing no responses from the recruitment agencies I have applied to about 40 jobs and no replies.

I might start approaching the companies directly...

Is there a procedure I should I follow?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:42 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rizzy73

My expereince to be honest is completing a year then moving on and completing a year else where, longest i have stayed with a employer is 14 months is that viewed as a bad thing?
Yep..... Especially when you look at the costs associated with getting you out here, allowances etc... and all they are going to get is approx 12 months of work out of you???
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

definately out here, they like loyalty (or stupidity).
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Sorry what did you mean do they consider staying with a previous employer for 14 months as loyal?

Are the IT recruitment agencies quite good or average?

Thanks

Raz
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:23 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Sorry what did you mean do they consider staying with a previous employer for 14 months as loyal?

Are the IT recruitment agencies quite good or average?

Thanks

Raz
no, more like 4 years mate, they actively discourage leaving ANY company before your contract is up, hence the banning system.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, if in Dubai i would rather stay for more than 4 years as i wud love it there.

Could you please advice me on something? How would i approach managers of IT firms would you advice emailing them or calling them.

How many pages should a resume (CV) be? 2pages or 1?

I dont want to bother you with all these questions i hope you dont mind mate?

Raz
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:04 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Thanks for that, if in Dubai i would rather stay for more than 4 years as i wud love it there.

Could you please advice me on something? How would i approach managers of IT firms would you advice emailing them or calling them.

How many pages should a resume (CV) be? 2pages or 1?

I dont want to bother you with all these questions i hope you dont mind mate?

Raz
an email with a covering letter is always a good way to start, then maybe follow that up after 2 or 3 days,

Most CVs should never be more than 3 pages, I think mine fits perfectly onto 2 pages,

I don't mind at all, my wife is a recruitment manager so I know all this sort of boring stuff.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

rfowler is an unknown quantity at this point

she doesn't deal with IT jobs by any chance
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:15 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by rfowler
she doesn't deal with IT jobs by any chance
nah I'm afraid not mate.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spugsy
an email with a covering letter is always a good way to start, then maybe follow that up after 2 or 3 days,

Most CVs should never be more than 3 pages, I think mine fits perfectly onto 2 pages,

I don't mind at all, my wife is a recruitment manager so I know all this sort of boring stuff.
How detailed or brief should the covering letter be?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

aaziz040 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
ok fella, this is what I did and it worked a treat,

find out the type of companies you are interested in, for me it was ad agencies, then do a google search, get all the emails and send an email with covering letter and cv to each one PERSONALLY, not a blanket email as they'll discard straight away, take your time with the cover letter, no mistakes in it - and this is the plug, mention that 'I am in Dubai for the week commencing Aug 20th to blah blah' and I will be available for interviews'.

This is what i did and out of 20 companies I got 3 interviews, and from that 2 job offers.

You need to do this yourself, recruitment companies over here are worse than shit.

Good luck fella.

Hey cheerz for that mate...Its such a good feeling to finally have a response to my concerns i'm on the case, fingers crossed... hoping for someone to get back.

If you have any specific contacts for advertising & marketing please do lemme know....I'd appreciate it... as I take it you are working for an ad agency???

Cheerz
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:22 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Try and find out what the holiday period is in Dubai as well. It may affect availability of interviewers.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

Spugsy; Is ringing up worthwhile? I plan on tracking some companies down in a directory, emailing a cover letter and Cv and then phoning several days later, or maybe ringing them first to tell them I will be sending Cv etc would be better, what do you advise?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:12 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by aaziz040
Hey cheerz for that mate...Its such a good feeling to finally have a response to my concerns i'm on the case, fingers crossed... hoping for someone to get back.

If you have any specific contacts for advertising & marketing please do lemme know....I'd appreciate it... as I take it you are working for an ad agency???

Cheerz
email Mandy, tell her what you do and what you;re looking for, she m ay be able to help you:

Mandy <[email protected]>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.