Reload this Page >

No entry stamp for visa visit to the UAE

No entry stamp for visa visit to the UAE

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

CasualExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No entry stamp for visa visit to the UAE

Hey there

I'm currently staying as a visitor in the UAE and when I went through passport control, the clerk scanned my passport, asked me to look at a camera and passed me through to the baggage area.

"That was quick!" I thought! However, when I went to get a SIM card, the attendant wouldn't give me one because there is no visa stamp on my passport. I tried to explain the process I went through but she wasn't having any of it.

Now I'm worried - did the passport control clerk make a mistake? Am I in trouble? I'm travelling alone, and I don't quite know what to do. Can I go back to arrivals and get it stamped?

Thanks guys
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No entry stamp for visa visit to the UAE

u got the epassport so you should be in the system.... its a new system i would say that the shop didnt know about it... was it car4 or somewhere like that? everything here goes in the little stamp in your passport.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

CasualExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busybee2
u got the epassport so you should be in the system.... its a new system i would say that the shop didnt know about it... was it car4 or somewhere like that? everything here goes in the little stamp in your passport.
It was 'du', the telephone chaps?

Oh that's okay then! I was getting a little anxious. I know there's an e-gate thing which you have to pay for but I didn't get the impression that's was the case. The Emirates lady actually pointed to it after I showed her my passport.

Thanks busybee2
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasualExpat
It was 'du', the telephone chaps?

Oh that's okay then! I was getting a little anxious. I know there's an e-gate thing which you have to pay for but I didn't get the impression that's was the case. The Emirates lady actually pointed to it after I showed her my passport.

Thanks busybee2
there is egate which you pay for and fingerprints and a card.
there is epassport if you have a new passport you register that passport and entry stamp/visa page etc look into the eye scan and thats fine.
yes du or car4 or whatever have to have visa page/stamp and of course you dont get that if you use either the e-gate (which is for residents) or epassport (new one) but certain visitors can use. well as far as i know.