Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The No Doom & Gloom In The Middle East Thread - So who is doing just fine, thank you

The No Doom & Gloom In The Middle East Thread - So who is doing just fine, thank you

Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:41 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The No Doom & Gloom In The Middle East Thread - So who is doing just fine, thank

I am just spending like mad to keep the economy going...you can thank me later...
Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all
Default Re: The No Doom & Gloom In The Middle East Thread - So who is doing just fine, thank

Well done Matahari - I'm proud of you!!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Tansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to all

me too - denial is a wonderful thing!

My father always told me 'Die with debt, that way you know you have taken more out of the world than you put in'
Old Jan 28th 2009, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I'm talking about looking at the bigger picture. I think we're only just getting started with the downturn.

Unless they are in the debt collection business I'd say being prudent is a good thing at the moment.

IBM is a good example - good results just announced but also redundancies, they are bracing themselves for bad times.
I agree, we will see a different picture around June.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:27 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by annacarna
I agree, we will see a different picture around June.

optimistically (spelling); the US financial stimulus will have started to be implemented and the ECB will have settled on a future direction so there's a possibility that summer will signify the bottom

pessimistically; all of the above but the world views it as the emporer's got no clothes...

i'll be curious to see what china does actually. it's potentially got both the consumer base and money to stimulate itself (ooh err) and try and foster growth without relying on exports. who knows what effect that might have, but i dare say there may not be a lot of far-east investors in UAE real estate...
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
optimistically (spelling); the US financial stimulus will have started to be implemented and the ECB will have settled on a future direction so there's a possibility that summer will signify the bottom

pessimistically; all of the above but the world views it as the emporer's got no clothes...

i'll be curious to see what china does actually. it's potentially got both the consumer base and money to stimulate itself (ooh err) and try and foster growth without relying on exports. who knows what effect that might have, but i dare say there may not be a lot of far-east investors in UAE real estate...
cue 164 dubai developers submitting new masterplans for 'duchina town' its 'real china in dubai'..
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MataHari
I am just spending like mad to keep the economy going...you can thank me later...
If you lived in Australia, your Prime Minister would be shaking your hand and be telling you not to stop.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:18 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
If you lived in Australia, your Prime Minister would be shaking your hand and be telling you not to stop.
with only 12 - 15 million consumers, he needs all the help he can get!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by admon
cue 164 dubai developers submitting new masterplans for 'duchina town' its 'real china in dubai'..
now THAT i'd like to see!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

with only 12 - 15 million consumers, he needs all the help he can get!
Damn straight. We'd be screwed if we only had ourselves to rely on.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tansy
me too - denial is a wonderful thing!

My father always told me 'Die with debt, that way you know you have taken more out of the world than you put in'
and so you can f**k up generations following you.. practical
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:59 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

**** **** ****ity ****, the ****ing ****ers have ****ed it up.................i may need to revise my statement and prepare for plan b
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by shiva
**** **** ****ity ****, the ****ing ****ers have ****ed it up.................i may need to revise my statement and prepare for plan b
do tell
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:39 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

do tell

a minor nobody in a minor department within a massive client of mine has been doing some job justification. the result of which could truely throw a spanner in the works for my firm and all their other suppliers, end result will be were all ****ed and ultimately they will be ****ed but as common sense went out the window as panic came in, the ridiculous proposal could well be put into action.
we'll all lose money on the job so will walk away but unbelievably they cant see how this would effect them. crazy thing is the global hq also thinks its mad but is leaving them to it!!!!!!!!

utter insanity
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Of course, if the company's going through hard times, but as I just said, they've never had it so good!
This is being called 'The New Humility'. Not being seen to be extravagant in these hard times, even if they are not affecting you directly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.