Reload this Page >

No degree - visa for abu dhabi

No degree - visa for abu dhabi

Old Jan 19th 2011, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

missunderstood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No degree - visa for abu dhabi

Hi guys

My company want me to apply for a mid level position in thier Abu Dhabi office - basically a transfer but as I have no UK degree (had to drop out due to family bereavement and go into employment) , I am worried that I wont be granted a work visa.

The thing is I have to resign from uk role first whilse they transition me into the Abu Dhabi role - I can be UK based and work remotley until I am ready to relocate fully bu June.

What happens if I resign from Uk only to find the Visa in UAE didnt go through due to lack of qualifications... would be rather embarrasing.

Thx
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: No degree - visa for abu dhabi

Can anyone let me know if it possible the visa would be granted?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 1:54 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

errrr....there is a 4 hour timedifference between the UK and the UAE...people were sleeping.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missunderstood
Hi guys

My company want me to apply for a mid level position in thier Abu Dhabi office - basically a transfer but as I have no UK degree (had to drop out due to family bereavement and go into employment) , I am worried that I wont be granted a work visa.

The thing is I have to resign from uk role first whilse they transition me into the Abu Dhabi role - I can be UK based and work remotley until I am ready to relocate fully bu June.

What happens if I resign from Uk only to find the Visa in UAE didnt go through due to lack of qualifications... would be rather embarrasing.

Thx
I don't think they would have offered you the job had they not been confident of getting you a visa.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone let me know if it possible the visa would be granted?
Should be no problem.

Is the name of the Ab Dab company the same as the UK name (i.e. is it a 'full branch', so to speak)? If so, no problem.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

A degree is not required for a UAE work visa, however, it is required for certain professions (as you would expect - architects, civil engineers etc). Not having a degree can also make the process a little more complicated to obtain the visa but should be nothing that a competent PRO/HR department can't sort out.

Last edited by miuser2; Jan 20th 2011 at 5:00 am.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MataHari
errrr....there is a 4 hour timedifference between the UK and the UAE...people were sleeping.
i know i just wanted to clarify what i was asking as felt my post was not specific.

great - thanks for the help anyone.

yep, its is a full branch
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:33 am
Just Joined

ps it is only 2/3 hours ahead of the uk max

Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Sweetie - we know the times zones as most of us have lived here for years and call our family back home regularly...

In the summer the time difference is 3 hours ahead, in the winter it is 4 hours ahead.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough

Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

RedRoar75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant username - does this happen to you often? Might be better to change it to misstaken?