Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Newbie saying hi...

Newbie saying hi...

Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:03 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Newbie saying hi...

Hi all,

I actually stumbled on this place by accident, but thought whilst I was here the polite thing to do would be to sign up and say hi (how very British of me ). I didn't find an official "hello" thread of forum so thought I would start a thread just to say hi to every-one.

I've been living/working in Dubai for about a year now and loved almost every minute of it. My hobbies etc are all in the profile bit, but the main one is that I am a keen (if not very good golfer).

Anyway just wanted to say hello, congrats on a great forum, I hope to settle in, chip in where I can and get to know you all....

Last edited by Welivehere; Oct 7th 2004 at 8:05 am.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:21 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Re: Newbie saying hi...

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Hi all,

I actually stumbled on this place by accident, but thought whilst I was here the polite thing to do would be to sign up and say hi (how very British of me ). I didn't find an official "hello" thread of forum so thought I would start a thread just to say hi to every-one.

I've been living/working in Dubai for about a year now and loved almost every minute of it. My hobbies etc are all in the profile bit, but the main one is that I am a keen (if not very good golfer).

Anyway just wanted to say hello, congrats on a great forum, I hope to settle in, chip in where I can and get to know you all....
morning....

aha fresh blood.... heh heh

golf.. last time was on a golf course, it was at night with a mountian bike. U can get some great air from those bunkers!!! lol

J
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:30 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
morning....
aha fresh blood.... heh heh
Ok, the morning bit was cool, thanks.... Not too sure about the blood bit though.... I think I may have a little too much blood in my alchohol system for it to be considered fresh...
golf.. last time was on a golf course, it was at night with a mountian bike. U can get some great air from those bunkers!!! lol
LOL. I'll have to give it ago, now to work out a way to secure the clubs to the bike. Itcould be a whole new sport, Xtreme Golf, fastest person to putt the ball out, with bonus time / point's issued for air / trick combo's off the bunkers....
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:27 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Welcome aboard "Welivehere"........perhaps we can come up with a shorter name 4 u? lol......

Golf.....I used to play golf a while ago.....was encouraged to by my school. We used to play at the Nad Al Sheeba course. That was 7 or 8 yrs ago though. Then time became more precious and I had 2 give it up. gr8 fun though if u dont mind being burnt to a crisp. LOL we could try Joes idea too......wud leave interesting markings on the fairways......we cud say they were crop circles:scared:lol

I even had tropical fish a while back......one tank became 2, then 3.....they kept multiplying.....one for quarantine, a solitary confinement tank for bullies, an infirmary, a nursery.....jeez it was a pain with those tropical fish. Angel fish were my faves though......mmmmm tasty.....No! to look at I mean......euugh....bad joke!

Been in DXB for ages. Gr8 place.....loads of sand.....plenty of malls and skyscrapers.......what else can I say?hehe

-Face81
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:29 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
Welcome aboard "Welivehere"........perhaps we can come up with a shorter name 4 u? lol......

Golf.....I used to play golf a while ago.....was encouraged to by my school. We used to play at the Nad Al Sheeba course. That was 7 or 8 yrs ago though. Then time became more precious and I had 2 give it up. gr8 fun though if u dont mind being burnt to a crisp. LOL we could try Joes idea too......wud leave interesting markings on the fairways......we cud say they were crop circles:scared:lol

I even had tropical fish a while back......one tank became 2, then 3.....they kept multiplying.....one for quarantine, a solitary confinement tank for bullies, an infirmary, a nursery.....jeez it was a pain with those tropical fish. Angel fish were my faves though......mmmmm tasty.....No! to look at I mean......euugh....bad joke!

Been in DXB for ages. Gr8 place.....loads of sand.....plenty of malls and skyscrapers.......what else can I say?hehe

-Face81
bring the fish with you on the golf course as we could fry 'em up if we got hungry!!

ok, we will all go golfing and be normal, yeah right... take me straight to the 19th hole and make mine a stella....

off out now!
Old Oct 7th 2004, 5:54 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

bring the fish with you on the golf course as we could fry 'em up if we got hungry!!

ok, we will all go golfing and be normal, yeah right... take me straight to the 19th hole and make mine a stella....

off out now!
Euuuugh! Thats sick........although if u were that hungry u cud have one of the poached gold fish from one of the ponds or lakes.mmmmmm.LOL

Incidentally, Japengo, our local restaurant chain has one of the best fish n' chips I have ever had. They are the Palm Strip (opposite Jumeirah Mosque), on SZR (close to where u were Joe) and a new branch at Madinat Jumeirah by the Burj Al Arab. So Joe can drive us there Welivehere! he knows his way around quite well now. lol

Will have u try some soon Joe. Its not Cod though, its our local fish, Hammour, but its gr8 as well.

-Face81
Old Oct 7th 2004, 5:57 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81

Face81
Yes. A very warm welcome. Hope you stick around.

And errrm...how about if we call you Weeee for short?
Old Oct 7th 2004, 6:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

welcome abroad, have to check out the lounge and such to see the other regular lizards
Old Oct 7th 2004, 6:33 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob
welcome abroad, have to check out the lounge and such to see the other regular lizards

lizards indeed. hahaha

-Face81
Old Oct 9th 2004, 11:26 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Welcome to a great site, your garunteed a good laugh!
Old Oct 9th 2004, 1:29 pm
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Welcome to a great site, your garunteed a good laugh!
where people can spell words however they like!!! lol
Old Oct 9th 2004, 1:42 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Yes anyway I see fit LOL, may not be able to spell but I make up for it
Old Oct 9th 2004, 1:46 pm
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Yes anyway I see fit LOL, may not be able to spell but I make up for it
that sounds very interesting indeed... is this you trying to prove to us that you will not be getting at all drunk when we all go out as you really are a responsible mother?

Got you the malt horlicks BTW...
Old Oct 9th 2004, 5:10 pm
The Oracle

U will sooon c.......or wait....as u have already seen.......u have to often re-structure ur grammar (if at all u use any) and adjust ur spelling to blend into the local community. It will soon become normal for u aswell m8. Mickey has already got teh hnag of tings hahahaha

-Face81
Old Oct 9th 2004, 9:46 pm
The 5th Amendment

[QUOTE=Face81]U will sooon c.......or wait....as u have already seen.......u have to often re-structure ur grammar (if at all u use any) and adjust ur spelling to blend into the local community. It will soon become normal for u aswell m8. Mickey has already got teh hnag of tings hahahaha

-Face81
[/QUOTE

ahh yes.. sntencers such as please turn right to go the Tower under the pharmacy on the other side of the SZR turns into

other side, by pharmacy, right NOW!!!!!

hmm such an easy use of language!!! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.