Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Newbie + Saudi Questions

Newbie + Saudi Questions

Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

wrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nice
Default Newbie + Saudi Questions

Hi all,

Just to sound like a talk-back caller - long time reader, first time poster.

I have read this forum with great interest and thank all who have shared their information (Dean your large post was fantastic).

I have one or two tiny questions that I couldn't find the answers to anywhere else:

1. What are the rules if my wife wants to go out for lunch/dinner with another couple without me? Is she fraternising with a man who's not family or does it not matter because he's married?

2. I am Swiss/Australian my wife is Polish and my daughter in Australian. Will this present a problem when I try to get the rest of my family to Saudi?

Thanks in advance for your help. I have tried and failed to get the answers myself.

Cheers,

Bryn
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie + Saudi Questions

Originally Posted by wrxqme
Hi all,

Just to sound like a talk-back caller - long time reader, first time poster.

I have read this forum with great interest and thank all who have shared their information (Dean your large post was fantastic).

I have one or two tiny questions that I couldn't find the answers to anywhere else:

1. What are the rules if my wife wants to go out for lunch/dinner with another couple without me? Is she fraternising with a man who's not family or does it not matter because he's married?

2. I am Swiss/Australian my wife is Polish and my daughter in Australian. Will this present a problem when I try to get the rest of my family to Saudi?

Thanks in advance for your help. I have tried and failed to get the answers myself.

Cheers,

Bryn
Thanks for the compliments.

Your questions:

1 - No problem because she is with his wife as well as him - she MUST NOT go out with him alone - the fact that he's married makes it worse, not better..........

2 - Don't know - some nationalities are simply banned (Israel obviously, and one or two others). Usual rule of thumb - if there is an embassy here, people from there are allowed in. Can't remember ever seeing a Polish Embassy here but Google for it or something. Check before you arrive - if her nationality is an obstacle, they WON'T make an exception just because you are here.

Good luck.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

wrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nicewrxqme is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Dean
Thanks for the compliments.

2 - Don't know - some nationalities are simply banned (Israel obviously, and one or two others). Usual rule of thumb - if there is an embassy here, people from there are allowed in. Can't remember ever seeing a Polish Embassy here but Google for it or something. Check before you arrive - if her nationality is an obstacle, they WON'T make an exception just because you are here.

Good luck.
No worries for the compliment - well deserved.

There is a Polish embassy in Riyadh. In fact I was hoping that there might be an opportunity of work for her. I'll look in a bit closer.

My question was more around final medicals before visa. I know I have to back to Switzerland for my final medicals because of work visa. I'm not sure if they have togo through the same thing.

Thanks again.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

canarybird will become famous soon enough

Are you going to be living in Riyadh?

CB
Old Jun 29th 2008, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Yes indeed, flying in on the 9th of July.

Can't wait for the new adventure.