Newbie in Riyadh

Old May 23rd 2009, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

edinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of light
Default Newbie in Riyadh

Hi All,
Just moved to Riyadh this week and thought I would just say a quick hello. First time expat and enjoying Saudi so far....
Old May 23rd 2009, 2:09 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie in Riyadh

Originally Posted by edinburger
Hi All,
Just moved to Riyadh this week and thought I would just say a quick hello. First time expat and enjoying Saudi so far....
welcome!! Still.unsure (though he is surer now that he is there) is going to arrange a BE meet up for you folks in Riyadh (I am in Dubai)
Old May 23rd 2009, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

edinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Blue Cat!
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

so come on still.unsure - when's it to be ? You going to the comedy thing ?

N
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi welcome to the costa del saudi sand pit.
I have been here in Riyadh for just over 3 months now .
If i can be of any help pleae feel free to contact me ok.

I moved here from Taif up in dem mountains ( well 5000 feet up in the mountains ha ha
Old May 24th 2009, 3:32 am
Northerner - Obhur

Spurss is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Riyadh city
Old May 24th 2009, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

thecentennial is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Spurss
Welcome to Riyadh city
Second, that, welcome on board
Old May 24th 2009, 6:01 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
welcome!! Still.unsure (though he is surer now that he is there) is going to arrange a BE meet up for you folks in Riyadh (I am in Dubai)
oi! how the hell did i land this job?

Originally Posted by Nic1
so come on still.unsure - when's it to be ? You going to the comedy thing ?

N
no, not going to the comedy bash, am seeing if i can get to the US embassy this w/end though.

shall see what i can arrange on compound for a bit of a meet-up or sorts in a fortnight or so

and welcome to riyadh... "come for the money, stay for the... hmmm... ?"
Old May 24th 2009, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

No Money No Honey
Old May 24th 2009, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone
I'm here on my own for at least the next year so if anyone wants to meet up for a glass of apple juice just PM me.

Cheers
Old May 24th 2009, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Edinburger please check your pms.
Old May 24th 2009, 8:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edinburger
Thanks everyone
I'm here on my own for at least the next year so if anyone wants to meet up for a glass of apple juice just PM me.

Cheers
Originally Posted by still.unsure
oi! how the hell did i land this job?

no, not going to the comedy bash, am seeing if i can get to the US embassy this w/end though.

shall see what i can arrange on compound for a bit of a meet-up or sorts in a fortnight or so

and welcome to riyadh... "come for the money, stay for the... hmmm... ?"
Originally Posted by coffindodger
Edinburger please check your pms.
Old May 25th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Hi welcome to the costa del saudi sand pit.
I have been here in Riyadh for just over 3 months now .
If i can be of any help pleae feel free to contact me ok.

I moved here from Taif up in dem mountains ( well 5000 feet up in the mountains ha ha
Know it well, we were 7000 feet up in Khamis Mushayt (Abha airport) for over 4 years and loved every minute of it. Edinburger if you like the rugby scene get into a club and the rest is a doddle. The social life is excellent and our club the Khamis Quinns had the best recipes for everything liquid that is good for you if you get my drift. Enjoy your time in KSA its what you make of it.
Old May 27th 2009, 11:57 pm
MNR
Just Joined

MNR is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to crash in, but do you have any information about schools in Khamis/Abha having been there for 4 years. Have just been offered a job there but I want to find a British/International school there. Thanks.
Old May 28th 2009, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MNR
Sorry to crash in, but do you have any information about schools in Khamis/Abha having been there for 4 years. Have just been offered a job there but I want to find a British/International school there. Thanks.
Keep posting and once you have 5 PM me. I left in 2000. There are schools International there and there were a couple in the process of opening. Will find out for you as we didnt have kidlets with us. I worked in the Military hospitals in Khamis. What you going to be doing. Anyway as I said keep going and then PM is good for long lists of questions.