Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Newbie, just moved to the DQ in Riyadh

Newbie, just moved to the DQ in Riyadh

Old Nov 19th 2009, 2:37 am
Just Joined

strong_bad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie, just moved to the DQ in Riyadh

Social events, list-serv's, etc. anyone?

Any other tips?

Thanks!

Old Nov 19th 2009, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie, just moved to the DQ in Riyadh

Dont worry about list etc, if you have moved into the D Q you will have it all and more at your finger tips .
Unlike the rest of us, for us to try to get a invite into the embassy is like having a plie of Rocking horse Shxxt very hard to find !!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

So, in other words, they'll find me?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by coffindodger View Post
Dont worry about list etc, if you have moved into the D Q you will have it all and more at your finger tips .
Unlike the rest of us, for us to try to get a invite into the embassy is like having a plie of Rocking horse Shxxt very hard to find !!
Oh, yeah... is the Cultural Center a mini-mall? it has tons of parking, but I can't quite tell from simply driving by.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Certain embassies (ie the british) seem to be very hard to try and enter for a soical evening it seems to be very clicky and on a need to know basis.
I know people that have been here a few months and have been to certain embasies more than once.
Where as some folk that have been here for a lot longer dont seem to get a look in.
Now the good ole USA embassy they always seem to have plenty of tickets available for social evenings.
As i said if you are working / living in the DQ you will have an interesting soicial life thats for sure.