Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Newbie that comes with a warning.

Newbie that comes with a warning.

Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:00 am
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of
Default Newbie that comes with a warning.

Hi everyone!

I used to work in the UAE, but left due to the side effects of a US Dollar that looks more like toilet paper then real money. Actually earning more money in Europe with taxes, but that's not the issue here. I've applied for state board exams in the USA to get one of my European diploma's recognized there. Yes, 99% of them are not recognized in the USA. A waiting list of nearly three years!! Err....

But as I had my US Master's and Bachelor Degree's stamped by the UAE government, wanna laugh? Well I'm not, just got fined US$ 4.500,00 per degree. Apparently, what very few people know, (I at least didn't) altering them makes them none valid within the USA. In a nutshell? A lot of American universities will replace altered Master's and Bachelors Degrees (read stamped by other countries for legalization purposes) provided these degrees have been registered. It costs a hell of a lot less then paying the US$ 4.500 fine that's for sure. Be warned!!!

Dutchie
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie that comes with a warning.

ouch..
that is harsh..

US government hey.. gotta love em..
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:05 am

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

And you can now add a few European countries to that list as well... Damn sand rabbits...
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:19 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You were fined for doing what exactly and by whom? Its a bit early in the day for my grey cells to work at full capacity now that Her Indoors has left me alone.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:26 am

Good morning Lionheart,

I was fined because of the fact stamps where placed on them by the UAE embassy. I tried to explain to the US officials that it was required by UAE law to obtain the visa and work permit. "Not recognized by the US Government Sir, forbidden since 01-01-2007..." US$ 9000 fine for two degree's. Thank god the two universities that issued them had registered them and where more then willing to, against payment, replace them.

Dutchie
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:32 am

P.S.

My GF had the same problem in Paris, France applying for a job there. She was also told and I quote "These degree's have been altered and are no longer recognized" end quote. Something you expats overthere might want to keep in consideration.

Dutchie