Reload this Page >

Newbie asking a question.

Newbie asking a question.

Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Boggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie asking a question.

Hi everyone,
My first post and straight in with a question.

I apologize if a similar question has been asked in the past. I have done a forum search and if it has been asked, I can't find it!

Next year I retire from a British fire and rescue service having completed more than 30 years operational service, many of those years at very busy stations. My question is, does any one know of any jobs in the middle east that would benefit from the skills I have to offer? I don't think it would be right of me to list all of my skills or to start blowing my own trumpet, but I'm sure that most of you realize that there is more to being a firefighter than squirting water and running up and down ladders!

Thanking you all in advance,
Cheers Boggins.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:35 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie asking a question.

Originally Posted by Boggins
Hi everyone,

I apologize if a similar question has been asked in the past. I have done a forum search and if it has been asked, I can't find it!

Next year I retire from a British fire and rescue service having completed more than 30 years operational service, many of those years at very busy stations. My question is, does any one know of any jobs in the middle east that would benefit from the skills I have to offer? I don't think it would be right of me to list all of my skills or to start blowing my own trumpet, but I'm sure that most of you realize that there is more to being a firefighter than squirting water and running up and down ladders!

Cheers Boggins.
Professional conferences and events are big here, with safety being a topic... can you teach / public speak? Practical experience is a plus...
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Boggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Autonomy,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I'm not sure what role you're thinking I could fill at Professional conferences and events. Do you mean participating in them or providing fire safety advice and cover for them? If so, have you any idea where I could get more information? As for teaching, I have no formal qualifications but I do have a wealth of experience and knowledge I could pass on. Public speaking, most of my experience in this regard has been in schools giving home fire safety advice and lessons to school children.

Cheers Boggins.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

There has been a major push of late towards site safety in the construction industry.

Maybe as Auto has said, become a consultant HSE advisor to oil & gas/ shipyards/construction.

How you would go about doing that, i dont really know.

Maybe try some HSE, Fire safety agencies

your 30 years of experience and knowledge on this subject would be most welcomed here i would imagine..

I have fought fires on ships in the Navy and have done my offshore firefighting course. Gize a job......
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

H & S is finally getting through in Dubai, and probably down to a mixture of the no of accidents on site and the pressure from UK and other outside companies. Think H & S has a big future in the short term here in Dubai.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Boggins
Hi everyone,

Cheers Boggins.

There seems to be more fires in Dubai than anywhere I know.Can I suggest you do some research on the JAFZA (Jebel Ali Free Zone Area) The fire people are based there for Dubai and also contact a company called Whitby Bird who are a large Consultancy here in your field. Also contact the large UK contractors out here.