Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

new user needs doha info

new user needs doha info

Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:44 am
Just Joined

tari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nice
Default new user needs doha info

hi all,
am relatively new to doha. have found these forums really good for info. however no one at expatwoman could answer my question, hope someone here could.
What are the legal requirements for teachers working from home.
I'm a musical educator(piano), work one on one with students since my programme is comprehensive and best suited for the same, have been doing so for 7 years back home.
Since there isnt any income tax here, how does a self employed preson like myself get legal status so that there are no restrictions on advertising?
Anyone have suggestions on advertising without being unnecessarily pulled up by the ministry of education?
thanks!
PS. to all mums, have got a 5 year old son who loves to play football, anyone out there with kids the same age looking for playmates? Live at Musherib will be moving to bev hills in feb hopefully.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 11:08 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new user needs doha info

Originally Posted by tari
hi all,
am relatively new to doha. have found these forums really good for info. however no one at expatwoman could answer my question, hope someone here could.
What are the legal requirements for teachers working from home.
I'm a musical educator(piano), work one on one with students since my programme is comprehensive and best suited for the same, have been doing so for 7 years back home.
Since there isnt any income tax here, how does a self employed preson like myself get legal status so that there are no restrictions on advertising?
Anyone have suggestions on advertising without being unnecessarily pulled up by the ministry of education?
thanks!
PS. to all mums, have got a 5 year old son who loves to play football, anyone out there with kids the same age looking for playmates? Live at Musherib will be moving to bev hills in feb hopefully.
hi ... my son is 5, and we live somewhere in Muntaza signal. We can meet up sometimes maybe during Eid hols (if you not going anywhere).

regarding about your question ... i am not too sure ... but i see alot of advertising people giving one to one music tuition in notice board like in The Centre or The Mall.

May I ask you if you give one to one piano tuition, will the kid have any exam? I want to try my son on piano lesson, but the only place i can find is International Music Centre which is by Royal Academy and i think it is a bit hard/much for 5 yrs old learning piano one to one. Any suggestion please?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

tari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nicetari is just really nice

hi novita77! I live quite close to muntaza signal - near jaidah flyover (opp home centre) to be specific. we could definitely meet up sometime.

Yes i do give one on one lessons and have taught kids as young as 4. I do send students for Royal academy exams but only when they reach a certain level of skill. My programme is more about learning musical skills than exam centric and you'd be surprised at how children pick up skills, they are more imaginative and intuitive than we adults think and i have never stopped being amazed at how quickly and naturally kids learn the finer and more elegant points of musical expression, they just need to be given a chance. I also do lots of fun ear tests, singing and a lovely activity called brain gym (read more on www.braingym.org) which both you and your son will find fun to do together. My son loves it as well.
why dont you give me a call and we can meet up sometime and i can tell you more about it if you like and also give the kids a chance to meet up and play!
i'll pm my phone no. to you.
cheers!
Old Oct 12th 2006, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tari,
Great weekend we had last Friday
I did tell you mr R and I were BBQ novices..but at least we didn't manage to set the BBQ alight this time lol....
(red faced smiley)
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

hey rascal,
we had a great time too! maybe we should make plans for another outing somewhere b4 you guys go.