Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New UAE visa rules in effect today 29 July 08

New UAE visa rules in effect today 29 July 08

Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute
Default New UAE visa rules in effect today 29 July 08

I know this has been covered before, but there is clear coverage/facts in today's National:

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...128535849/1105

and a really simply summary of facts...

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...811945374/1105

May help out some of our newbies....
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:43 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New UAE visa rules in effect today 29 July 08

Originally Posted by weescot
I know this has been covered before, but there is clear coverage/facts in today's National:

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...128535849/1105

and a really simply summary of facts...

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...811945374/1105

May help out some of our newbies....
Its nice to see that even the immigration are as confused as all of us!

It does not mention what happens if you sponsor your wife and then have to leave the country when you change jobs?
Is her visa cancelled too?
I presume the husband has to be out of the country while his work visa is being processed and has to be out of work until that comes through. That can take a few months?? Especially with Ramadam coming up!
If the wifes visa is cancelled she will have to remain in the uk until her new sponsorship comes through?

According to this report the wife cant come over with her husband straight away she has to be in the Uk while he sponsors her??

Might be something for people to consider when packing up to move over here!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:47 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Its nice to see that even the immigration are as confused as all of us!

It does not mention what happens if you sponsor your wife and then have to leave the country when you change jobs?
Is her visa cancelled too?
I presume the husband has to be out of the country while his work visa is being processed and has to be out of work until that comes through. That can take a few months?? Especially with Ramadam coming up!
If the wifes visa is cancelled she will have to remain in the uk until her new sponsorship comes through?

According to this report the wife cant come over with her husband straight away she has to be in the Uk while he sponsors her??

Might be something for people to consider when packing up to move over here!
Good point, presumably, the minute you leave a job your visa is cancelled, then your new company has to process the new visa, do you not work whilst this happens? Do you need to return home whilst this happens or are you put on a visitors visa for a month?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Good point, presumably, the minute you leave a job your visa is cancelled, then your new company has to process the new visa, do you not work whilst this happens? Do you need to return home whilst this happens or are you put on a visitors visa for a month?
youhave 1 month from the time you work visa is cancelled until you have to leave the country. at least that wasteh old situation. No working during that month.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:05 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
If they are slow on processing the visa when you leave a position what will happen to your apartment if you are away 3 months?
Also will kids visa's be cancelled and therefore they will have to leave school for a few months maybe loosing their school placement!

Many companies like the husbands they recruit to work out here 3 months before sending for their wives so that they get settled in their job. Its a good excuse for them not to process applications until after 3 months.

From what i have read it does not seem like thay have looked at it from this angle
Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:08 am
Here comes the Sun

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
youhave 1 month from the time you work visa is cancelled until you have to leave the country. at least that wasteh old situation. No working during that month.
If you read it the new system says you have to go back to the UK and wait for it to come through before you can return again???
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

But does it not say that the 33 Nationalities specified are not goverened by these new changes? ie. the majority of people posting here; or is that just from a visit visa perspective?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:39 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
But does it not say that the 33 Nationalities specified are not goverened by these new changes? ie. the majority of people posting here; or is that just from a visit visa perspective?
I believe that only applies to the cost of visit visas, but could well be wrong!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

So when I 'visit' Dubai next week (as I am no longer a 'resident'), can I still get a 'visit visa' issued at the airport/border/whatever?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:16 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

New visa rules go into effect today 1
ZoomBookmarkSharePrintListenTranslate
Companies warn of staff shortages
Widespread changes, particularly for Indians, Pakistanis and Filipinos, but
officials say regulations will take time to fully implement.

Officials and members of the public are bracing for widespread changes to visa rules being launched today, although immigration officials admit they will only be able to implement them gradually.

While 33 nationalities, including people from the UK, the US and much of Western Europe, are exempted from the new rules, those from countries such as India, Pakistan and the Philippines – key sources of labour for the UAE – will be affected. Leading companies have also warned that the laws could lead to staff shortages, delays in visa processing and losses in revenues.

Immigration authorities have said the new system will take months to implement as “glitches” are ironed out. Airport authorities also say it is unlikely the laws will be put into practice today, despite the deadline laid down by the Government.

Full Article from E-National: http://thenational.newspaperdirect.c...er/viewer.aspx

hth
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:21 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

so basically it is to make life even harder for the Asian people then?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:23 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
so basically it is to make life even harder for the Asian people then?
No change there then...............
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:24 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
No change there then...............
bloody disgusting, the racism out here makes me want to be sick
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Just for you info,

Im havent read the first post as i am trying not to confuse myself anymore than my husbands work already have!!

Ive been waiting for my visa for nearly two months and the reason it has been delayed is because of this new rule that has come into play, which does involve UK... as i understand it i can no longer work from my husbands visa, i must seek my own working visa, hence my early post regarding working illegally!

It is true though that the visas do need to be sorted before you come into the country.

I forgot what i was writing about now!!! My brain has stopped, when it works again i will come back!! :curse:
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:43 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
Just for you info,

Im havent read the first post as i am trying not to confuse myself anymore than my husbands work already have!!

Ive been waiting for my visa for nearly two months and the reason it has been delayed is because of this new rule that has come into play, which does involve UK... as i understand it i can no longer work from my husbands visa, i must seek my own working visa, hence my early post regarding working illegally!

It is true though that the visas do need to be sorted before you come into the country.

I forgot what i was writing about now!!! My brain has stopped, when it works again i will come back!! :curse:
the new rules don't affect British Passport holders, so they are talking a load of bollox. Husband sponsors you, you get job, no objection letter, they get labour card, done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.