Reload this Page >

Moving to Abu Dhabi

Moving to Abu Dhabi

Old Dec 19th 2017, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

WelshMidwife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Abu Dhabi

Hi all,

I will be moving to Abu Dhabi in the new year hopefully. I have a job in Mafraq Hospital and was just wondering if anyone had any information/experience of working there and any advice on best places to live etc? I have friends over in Khalidiya but am aware this is approx 30 mins from the hospital, however I don't want to be too far away from everything including the beautiful beaches etc I am a 28 year old british female. Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 25th 2017, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Dazza1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Abu Dhabi

Hi Welsh

Are you still going? We are in the process of an offer to go to AD, we lived in Dubai for 4years and then came home to London. Worked in AD before but never lived there myself. AD was great for a slower pace of life but this might have changed now, plus living costs are on the up and good old VAT as well!!
We are family of 2 adults one child (she was born in Dubai)
Old Dec 30th 2017, 9:31 am
Just Joined

WelshMidwife is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dazza, yes I am definitely still going just currently going through the recruitment process which does take some time but hoping that ill be over in AD during the first half of the new year. I have friends over in Abu Dhabi, and have visited but have never been over to Dubai. I know I'd prefer the slower pace of life which is why I have chosen AD. I'm still quite new and clueless to all this though so trying to get as much information as I can before getting there. Good luck with the move if you decide to accept the offer.

Thank you for your reply and advice Norm. I will do some research on the areas you've mentioned. Id prefer to be closer to work for convenience as I know it is easy to get around places in AD. Thank you again.
Old Dec 30th 2017, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WelshMidwife
Hi Dazza, yes I am definitely still going just currently going through the recruitment process which does take some time but hoping that ill be over in AD during the first half of the new year. I have friends over in Abu Dhabi, and have visited but have never been over to Dubai. I know I'd prefer the slower pace of life which is why I have chosen AD. I'm still quite new and clueless to all this though so trying to get as much information as I can before getting there. Good luck with the move if you decide to accept the offer.

Thank you for your reply and advice Norm. I will do some research on the areas you've mentioned. Id prefer to be closer to work for convenience as I know it is easy to get around places in AD. Thank you again.
I wouldn't say it's easy to get around places in AD. Especially at rush hour it can be difficult sometimes to find a cab, with huge queues at the supermarkets etc.

Traffic is absolutely ferocious.

Some of the Westerner apartment complexes have supermarkets in them. We lived in rural parts of the country for most of our time there, but when we were transferred into the city, our building had one on the ground floor and it was a life-saver to know we could just get into the elevator and push "G" for essentials and our shopping, and not have to brave the traffic. So I would consider amenities in your complex you don't have to drive to as a factor in choosing accommodation, as well as proximity to the workplace.