Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New Traffic Fines In Dubai

New Traffic Fines In Dubai

Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:16 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Traffic Fines In Dubai

I got this e-mail yesterday. Although it looks awfully familiar to something I saw published in the GN a few months back, it won't hurt to bring it up again.

New Traffic Fines

Kindly note that the traffic fines starting today will be as follow:

Radar : Dhs. 500 instead of Dhs. 200/- Cutting a red sign: Dhs.1,500/- instead of Dhs. 500/- for the first time & 3 days in jail for the second time.

For all who drive in Dubai, All Dubaiexcept Jumeira:

All Dubai radars have been reset to catch if your speed is 10 Km/Hr above the street speed. In other words, If the speed limit is 100 Km/Hr (like beginning of SHK Zayed Road) you shouldn't exceed 109 Km/Hr. [Before was: if the road speed limit is 100 Km/Hr , the radar only was to catch if thespeed is 120 Km/Hr]

Jumeira (Main Roads - Al Wasl & Beach Road only) (Very useful, considering I live here)--------------------------------------
The speed limit is 80 Km/Hr and radar will catch on 81 Km/Hr Jumeira
(Suburb Roads only):
-------------------------------------------
There are hidden radar cameras. The speed limit in Jumeirah villas areas is
40 Km/Hr. YES it is only 40 Km/Hr, Radar is set at 41 km/ Hr.
================================================== ==========

From: General Headquarters of the DubaiPolice Subject: Crossing the Yellow Line (Driving on the shoulder of a street)

The Traffic Division greets you and wishes to draw your attention to a serious traffic offence committed by drivers which is driving on the shoulder of streets (crossing the yellow line). As this is a grave offence and leads to reckless endangerment of the lives of other drivers as well as being a grave breach of Traffic Law, the Dubai Police has decided to take firm action to stop this kind of

Offence which is as follows:
1. Impounding of vehicle for six months.
2. Applying the laws concerning fines and ancillaries thereof.
3. For those working as drivers, they must be deported and proof of deportation must be provided.
4. Six black points are given.
5. The driving license shall be withdrawn in case of committing this offence twice, and shall not be returned to its owner until he/she passes a difficult test and pays a fine of 3000 Dirham.
6. After all of the above procedures have been completed, the vehicle will be released.

Therefore, please pass this information to all of your colleagues and acquaintances as well as drivers working for you or your company in participation of our campaign to clarify this issue and to emphasize that any offence will not be tolerated and the above penalties shall be applied to all offenders to preserve the safety of all drivers and users of the road, as well as to uphold the law.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:21 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Traffic Fines In Dubai

Well it's definately a start to help reduce traffic accidents, whether anyone will care about getting fined is something we shall see in the way individuals continue to drive.

Cheers MJC, a very informative read!

Zannie xx
Old Sep 6th 2005, 9:25 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

9 Months after passing my driving test, I still stick to the speed lilmits!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 9:47 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
So do I, funny, never did in the UK

But I since I've been here I'm a saint behind the wheel, plus the beeping you get when you exceed 120kms gets on my ******* nerves!!

Zannie x
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:19 am
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Heart of gold

So do I! But after learning the hard way!

Unlike the UK, the cameras have film in here........
Old Sep 9th 2005, 4:34 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

MJC

Its all a hoax like the last one - wel thats what the police say anyway..

TS