Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New thing needed for wife's visa

New thing needed for wife's visa

Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New thing needed for wife's visa

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
gotcha ladies - thank you
Have you done it?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Have I hell I went to Satwa, found the place which had millions of people (edited) outside. An indian came to ask me whether it's blood typing (as he called it) so I said yes -he said to go with him I did - he took me to a little room somewhere where I paid 25 dhs for the forms.... they asked me if it was urgent (470 dhs) or non-urgent (290 dhs) - difference is one takes about a week if you're lucky, the urgent you pick up tomorrow by hand.

I opted for urgent. So walked back to the clinic where the queues were out of the gate and down the road - being a lady, I was ushered to the door with this muddf****ing cop - full of self importance tells me I have to go back at 3 o'clock cos the clinic is full. I said I'm a lady, there's a ladies room - I SAID YOU COME BACK AT 3 NOW HALLAS YOU GO NOW................... If I could have gone in through those gates with my stang I would have run him over the SOB. Instead I called my dude and just cried ........

Now I have to go back at 3 o'clock. What is it with the butt holes that when they're wearing a uniform they get this sense of superiority - how I hate them. And you can all call me a racist - I HATE THE BASTARDS

Last edited by Autonomy; Apr 27th 2009 at 8:55 am. Reason: not calling you anything - but I edited one word...
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry Smoochy Girl. Hopefully it will be better when you go back.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Ok all done ......... paid double (470 dhs) to get it in my hands tomorrow so that i can go straight to immigration If one is not in a rush for it, it would only cost 250 dhs and immigration would receive it my mail.

Anyway, I was in and out in 90 minutes so wasn't too bad ........... so better go in the afternoons then try and get in there in the mornings. The weird thing is that they do some ladies first, then they do some men, then some ladies again - weird! I think I preferred the way it was before - ladies were totally segragated and it was quicker.

The nurse who did the bloodwork told me they're doing 1,500 medicals DAILY since there are now only 3 clinics allowed to do it. The one in Satwa, the one in Deira and the one behind National Paints (wherever that is).

So there you are - now I have to pick it up and start Marianne's visa process .... now that is a different one since I have to have an agency to bring her in for me (and a lot of extra money!)
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a nightmare Smoochy - like the thought of running the arrogant policeman over with your mustang - some of those guys are such wankers!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Sounds like a nightmare Smoochy - like the thought of running the arrogant policeman over with your mustang - some of those guys are such wankers!
Apologies if I hurt anyone's feelings with the angry posting this morning but I was just SO fuming

Actually I just told another forum to shove it because they all became terribly sanctimonious and called me a racist - despite the fact that I admitted that in situations like this morning, I AM a racist. (Didn't stop me tipping the Indian who kindly took me to get my papers typed 50 dhs though).

So one less website to waste my time on - errrrm actually that leaves only this and the Pet Forum on EW ......... don't like EW but I love animals and I'm the tortoise champion of the UAE

Now I need a drink ............. oh f*** can't have one cos I only handed in the papers this morning for the licence and they wouldn't allow me a bottle of GIN *&*&*&*&!*)*(#)(_#
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apologies if I hurt anyone's feelings with the angry posting this morning but I was just SO fuming

Actually I just told another forum to shove it because they all became terribly sanctimonious and called me a racist - despite the fact that I admitted that in situations like this morning, I AM a racist. (Didn't stop me tipping the Indian who kindly took me to get my papers typed 50 dhs though).

So one less website to waste my time on - errrrm actually that leaves only this and the Pet Forum on EW ......... don't like EW but I love animals and I'm the tortoise champion of the UAE

Now I need a drink ............. oh f*** can't have one cos I only handed in the papers this morning for the licence and they wouldn't allow me a bottle of GIN *&*&*&*&!*)*(#)(_#
LOL you are funny. Your dude home yet? he can get you a gin while you put your legs up.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

No worries - cultural differences and all that. I am sure the same situation would annoy most people regardless of race.

And here I am sitting with two bottles of Bombay Saphire - you've inspired me to make a G&T with a fat slice of lime lol
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

My dude is here - but since we're married, we both DON'T have a license And they wouldn't even put me on the licence despite me having stuck a photo on it and signed it ............ cos I didn't have a visa

You've got to laugh after banging your head against the wall all day
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:03 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

trying to do anything in this country of a 'legal/official' nature is enough to drive anyone round the bend. You aren't racist Smoochy just pissed off big time with the lack of organisation and sheer ignorance that is displayed at all these Government offices. I point blank refuse to my DH to do anything of this nature here EVER. I won't even ring DU if the phone goes off. The blood pressure rises and I end up losing it with them. Counting to ten used to work, not any more. It is frustration more than anything that gets us so wound up. If I had a G+T I would rush over with one, but we are dry here
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:14 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

So, if I call you a sanctithingy and racey, would you tell me to shove it cause I like the sound of that.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roadking
So, if I call you a sanctithingy and racey, would you tell me to shove it cause I like the sound of that.
Nah .......... I only say things like that when someone really pisses me off
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:05 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

bloody hell SG, just read the whole saga, so glad I got mine done in October, was in and out of Jebal Ali Cedars with my PRO in less than 10 minutes and had new residency 2 days later

I can always run over to yours tomorrow if you urgently need some "strong stuff" - I've just checked in our cupboard and I've got half a litre of gordons Gin - let me know
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moto111
bloody hell SG, just read the whole saga, so glad I got mine done in October, was in and out of Jebal Ali Cedars with my PRO in less than 10 minutes and had new residency 2 days later

I can always run over to yours tomorrow if you urgently need some "strong stuff" - I've just checked in our cupboard and I've got half a litre of gordons Gin - let me know
You are a doll - thank you, but I couldn't possibly ask that of you. I think we'll manage another few days without a drink *gasp* How long does it take Spinneys to organise the paper?? I handed in the forms and paid 160 dhs this morning

Come to think of it yesterday and today we spent - 1,500 dhs for the visa, 850 dhs fines for being here "illegal" since they cancelled my husband's visa in AD (!!!!), 25 dhs for typing of forms for medical and 470 dhs for medical itself. 24 dhs Salik to go to Satwa TWICE plus 16 dhs parking since I had no idea how long it was going to take me ...... bloody hell - it's expensive trying to become legal in Dubai
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:31 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

You are a doll - thank you, but I couldn't possibly ask that of you. I think we'll manage another few days without a drink *gasp* How long does it take Spinneys to organise the paper?? I handed in the forms and paid 160 dhs this morning

Come to think of it yesterday and today we spent - 1,500 dhs for the visa, 850 dhs fines for being here "illegal" since they cancelled my husband's visa in AD (!!!!), 25 dhs for typing of forms for medical and 470 dhs for medical itself. 24 dhs Salik to go to Satwa TWICE plus 16 dhs parking since I had no idea how long it was going to take me ...... bloody hell - it's expensive trying to become legal in Dubai
Just head up to 'cuda and fill yer boots with booze. No licence required and no "tax" either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.