Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New Saudi visa rule?

New Saudi visa rule?

Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Saudi visa rule?

I'm on a 180 day business visa here in Jeddah. The visa was issued on 2nd July 2012 but I didnt arrive in Jeddah until the 15th July 2012. My company told me that the 180 day limit starts from the day you arrive in SA which means my final exit should around 10th Jan 2013. However, apparently the rule has just been changed and it is now classed from the date of issue.

A German colleague of mine who was on a visa run from DXB-JED was told today that his visa had expired and he was not allowed to board the plane at DXB and is now on his way back to Germany. Poor sod has had to leave all his stuff behind because as he was on a visa run he didnt take any luggage with him. Has anyone else had this happen to them or got any official confirmation of this?
Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Saudi visa rule?

Its always been from the day of issue
Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has it really? Blimey that's a worry because our "Executive Co-ordinator" (dont laugh) wasn't aware of this. And he's ony been in the country five years...

cheers for the reply
Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:34 am
Just Joined

ibrahim1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

from day of issue
Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

For most businessman visas the from 'day of entry' refers to the last entry. So you could enter on day 179 and still have 30 days before you have to leave...is my interpretation
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Really just depends who is sitting behind the immigration desk and what mood they are in. You then demand to see an officer and they usually sort things out.