Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

new rules about school admissions

new rules about school admissions

Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice
Default Re: new rules about school admissions

Primularossa,
A little while ago you or your husband posted something about getting the school reports attested in Doha.
Please could you repost that post or tell me where you had to go to?
Thanks
Russ
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

do you mean this?
We did not go any further in this process, as we are waiting for the DD residence permit (next week, hopefully, inshallah) :-)

ciao, Primula

http://britishexpats.com/forum/middl...o-doha-839235/

dear all,
my husband went to SEC in Doha this morning to see if he could give them the assessed school reports of our daughter. this time I can share with you useful information, at least, and not only pose questions!! :-)

here is his report.

-------------------

First of all, the building is called "Attestation and Certificates Equivalency Unit" , and is located on C-Ring Road east of Najma Street, 50 meters east of the Gulf Cinema on the same side of the road, right in front of the Gulf Times headquarters.

This was not easy to find out since the website of the SEC gives very imprecise, and wrong, indications, and of course nobody answers the phone; indeed, this unit used to be in another building, still on C-ring road but one km west of where it is now, a few meters east of the Holiday Villa complex; indeed, the sign is still up there, to trick people like me (who originally went there, only to find a closed building and with no indication that the Unit had moved and where it had moved to; luckily enough I found an Arab there who was there for the same reason as me and who found out by phone where the unit had moved to).

So, they told me that in order to have the certificates attested the child must be here and must have her RP already.

They said that once the application is placed, the attestation process takes no more than three working days (so, we need to go there once to apply and a second time to pick up the attested documents ...)

The good news is that, as they told me, it is up to the school principal to decide whether the kids can start attending school before the process is completed; tomorrow morning I will indeed call ACS to find out whether they (as I hope) will allow Irene to start attending even in case the process is not complete yet.

The documents we need to bring to the SEC are:

(a) photocopy of the kid's passport, including the page on which the RP is stamped;

(b) school reports (one original + one copy for each report): the latest report needs to be attested (I assume this means: by the Qatar embassy), the one prior to the latest need not be attested.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice

Yes, that is the post! Thank you.

So you can't get the report attested in Doha until your daughter as her RP?
The school was ok with that? I hope mine will be, I have to wait a few more months before I can sponsor my family so they will be coming here on a tourist visa!!!
Old Aug 31st 2014, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

children's school reports attested ?? what an effing joke ! im beginning to think they don't want us here at all
Old Aug 31st 2014, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubInRiyadh
children's school reports attested ?? what an effing joke ! im beginning to think they don't want us here at all
I agree that this rule is a nonsense. I suppose that it is made only to justify the presence of a bureaucracy. But we have no escape: either accept the rules or not come. There is no third way. Could we organise a protest against the State? We are all foreigners here....may be if anyone of us try to write a letter to the ministry? I can't say if it works and how many people would be willing to put their name on a letter to the Ministry of Education....