NEW RULE

Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:16 pm
jia
Forum Regular

jia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEW RULE

my husband was just informed by his company that the rule has changed for the family iqama , now the kids even has to go for the complete medical,
i have a 14 month old baby , and its so rediculious to make him go through the medical process.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

thecentennial is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NEW RULE

Presume that means taking blood? Where is the risk management in all this, what infectious disease can an infant from a developed nation bring into Saudi - can they not rely on medical records?

We have a 2 YO, I do not like the idea of her being subjected to this
Old Jan 19th 2009, 3:45 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jia
my husband was just informed by his company that the rule has changed for the family iqama , now the kids even has to go for the complete medical,
i have a 14 month old baby , and its so rediculious to make him go through the medical process.
Presumably you are talking about Saudi Arabia. Don't worry, most healthcare providers over there are very good, much better than the NHS.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

The medical has to be done in your home country anyway - so no problems there. At least mine was 18 months ago . . .

N
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:22 pm
jia
Forum Regular

i am here in riyadh and applying for my iqama and kids, and thats when we came to know that the kids have to go for the medical here in the kingdom aswell.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, my wife and step daughter came out only last August. Wife had to have medical in the UK, but step daughter didn't need one due to being a minor (14 yrs old ) .

Does seem a bit odd subjecting infants to a full medical?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

My kids had to do a medical for school . . . . blood, wee, poo etc. But not for iqama - that was just me in London.

N
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:26 pm
jia
Forum Regular

the company just told my husband that the rule just changed 2 weeks ago, and now the minors have to go for the medical.........