Reload this Page >

New to Riyadh....need help!

New to Riyadh....need help!

Old Oct 17th 2009, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

zmh12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Riyadh....need help!

Hi Guys,

I am a young male moving to Riyadh in 2 weeks. I have been calling around to the compounds and have found availability in one called Rotunda Compound.

Can anyone give me some details on this place, is it nice, is it in a good location...also if anyone who is currently living in a nice compound and knows of any availability I would greatly appreciate if you could let me know, I am looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom.

Lastly, are there any good gyms in Riyadh? I have been in Jeddah for the past few weeks and been going to Golds gym here which is really nice, anything like it in Riyadh?

Any advice is appreciated!
Old Oct 17th 2009, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Riyadh....need help!

This compound is a new one on me, never heard of it please could you check again your spelling !!
Iknow one compound thats closing down and is being turned into a new yet another shopping mall.
Most of the compounds do have gyms etc, i do know of a couple of decent gyms here in riyadh, in fact one of them is a short walk away from my office, but thats is on the way out of town way past the saudi german hospital.

Untill you get your slippwey lizard (Iquama) no one will look at you. I know of a place here on my compound i posted the details last week.

when you get your iquama then you can get the ball rolling with your driving license etc.
Transport and driving is a nightmare, i come close to having about 2-3 close shaves a day now while driving around here.

The social life is ok at the moment well till the end of the year Jan / feb are a couple of sleeepppyyy months with a lot of folk no money after the xmas etc and feb being a short month.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Ok just done a quick search on ye ole internet.
This seems rather cheap !! and not far from me either.
emmmmm

http://www.expatrealty.com/main.htm
Old Oct 17th 2009, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Yup, thats the site I was looking on. The pictures look decent.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 4:51 pm
Northerner - Obhur

Spurss is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Riyadh

about gyms it depends on where you gonna live you can check these links :

1- http://www.sportclubs.com.sa/index_eng.asp ( GOLD )

2- http://www.applefitness.net/apple_fitness1.php

welcome again ..

Last edited by Spurss; Oct 17th 2009 at 5:05 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 6:26 am
Just Joined

leroy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zmh12
Hi Guys,

I am a young male moving to Riyadh in 2 weeks. I have been calling around to the compounds and have found availability in one called Rotunda Compound.

Can anyone give me some details on this place, is it nice, is it in a good location...also if anyone who is currently living in a nice compound and knows of any availability I would greatly appreciate if you could let me know, I am looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom.

Lastly, are there any good gyms in Riyadh? I have been in Jeddah for the past few weeks and been going to Golds gym here which is really nice, anything like it in Riyadh?

Any advice is appreciated!
hi all im new here - im in the proccess of being offered a position with a company in riyadh and had a a couple of the usualish questions.....all my accommodation etc is being sorted out by the company (thankfully) but as yet i dont know the compound. my question are based around my other half coming to visit...she lives in dubai and we hoped she would occasionally be able to come and stay with me now and again, when i asked my new company they said it is prohibited unless we are married, is this the case? and are there ways round it? say meeting un jeddah where things could be a little less strict? any help? anyway from what ive read so far riyadh does seem all bad, i curious how ill cope with the complete lack of pubs/clubs...being 34 from sunderland uk this may be a good thing! haha plus my girlfriend is pretty happy with the lack of boozers...although ive read of the embassy parties? anybody participated in them? thanks for your help guys
Old Oct 25th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Your girlfriend won't be able to visit as you aren't married. She will find it very hard - in fact virtually impossible- to get a visa to visit Jeddah too. TBH I think once you arrive you will be only too happy to visit her in Dubai . . . There are lots of embassy parties but they do get a bit boring after a while.

N
Old Oct 25th 2009, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nic1
Your girlfriend won't be able to visit as you aren't married. She will find it very hard - in fact virtually impossible- to get a visa to visit Jeddah too. TBH I think once you arrive you will be only too happy to visit her in Dubai . . . There are lots of embassy parties but they do get a bit boring after a while.

N
thanks...........well marriage it is then! haha just kidding. is everything fine for her to come and go as she pleases sfter then? i will be traveling to dubai in the meantime......the flight price looks ok too...regarding the embassy parties i can see what you mean, i guess it'll be the same faces etc etc its good jsut to have an option sometimes........cheers
Old Oct 25th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by leroy
hi all im new here - im in the proccess of being offered a position with a company in riyadh and had a a couple of the usualish questions.....all my accommodation etc is being sorted out by the company (thankfully) but as yet i dont know the compound. my question are based around my other half coming to visit...she lives in dubai and we hoped she would occasionally be able to come and stay with me now and again, when i asked my new company they said it is prohibited unless we are married, is this the case? and are there ways round it? say meeting un jeddah where things could be a little less strict? any help? anyway from what ive read so far riyadh does seem all bad, i curious how ill cope with the complete lack of pubs/clubs...being 34 from sunderland uk this may be a good thing! haha plus my girlfriend is pretty happy with the lack of boozers...although ive read of the embassy parties? anybody participated in them? thanks for your help guys
Ahhh from my part of the world
Good one last weekend again liverpool ha ha
Give me a nudge when you get here i am sure we can meet up for a coffee one day.

Last edited by coffindodger; Oct 25th 2009 at 7:00 am. Reason: Spelling.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Ahhh from my part of the world
Good one last weekend again liverpool ha ha
Give me a nudge when you get here i am sure we can meet up for a coffee one day.
Great last weekend, back to bloody useless again this weekend getting beat off the brummies...ahh the joys of being a mackem!!

yeah ill give you a shout when i eventually get there, my contract is taking forever!! how long have you been there? you find it ok?
Old Oct 25th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Reply to a couple of more postings then i can send you a pm ok
me i have been here tooooo long now.
its ok here social life is ok,
its just the driving its quite hair raising at time ha ha
more so on the ring road.
Dont worry you will soon fit in and be as mad as the rest of us over here.
Just make sure your new company sort out your accom BEFORE you come over ok.
Compound accom is like rocking horse shxxt.
But we do have a couple of empty slots on my sleepppyyy compound at the moment.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Hi Guys, I arrived in Riyadh today, am staying in a furnished apt that the company arranged for me right now. I am supposed to go see some housing options over the next few days.

If anyone knows of any availability on their compound PLEASE call me ASAP +966596392526

Thanks!!!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Reply to a couple of more postings then i can send you a pm ok
me i have been here tooooo long now.
its ok here social life is ok,
its just the driving its quite hair raising at time ha ha
more so on the ring road.
Dont worry you will soon fit in and be as mad as the rest of us over here.
Just make sure your new company sort out your accom BEFORE you come over ok.
Compound accom is like rocking horse shxxt.
But we do have a couple of empty slots on my sleepppyyy compound at the moment.
Hi mate

apologies I never replied back, my job offer went on hold!!! and now it looks back on! think it may just be me and no GF tho!....
in your experience what is the social side of things like living in compounds? for single guys is there many nice single lassies?? dont want to be too bored and find there is only i nice lass in the place and having 27 guys drooling over her! haha
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

some of the compounds are good and some emmm!!! the social evenings on most of the compounds there are plenty of nurses comming along to make up the numbers. since its my first day back today and we have a socila evening tonite, so maybe next time i will get a few newbies in and chat about the weather ha ha !! sunderland what a shambles !! ha ha
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

some of the compounds are good and some emmm!!! the social evenings on most of the compounds there are plenty of nurses comming along to make up the numbers. since its my first day back today and we have a socila evening tonite, so maybe next time i will get a few newbies in and chat about the weather ha ha !! sunderland what a shambles !! ha ha

well i have finally have a offer from the company in riyadh! just waiting to see what cash their offering. look like ill be in a villa (not sure which yet) with another eng guy so should be ok. good to hear theres plenty socially. ive been wondering what there is to do thru the week? id there much to do in the city or just compounds...ie eating out or coffee shops? ps looks like sunderland are concerntraiting on the league now...fancy getting beat off pompey twice in a month!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.