Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New in Riyadh, KSA

New in Riyadh, KSA

Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

mihisam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New in Riyadh, KSA

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I m Sam and I have been here in Riyadh for almost a week. I m a consultant working at a bank and the company put me in an apartment for a month, I was wondering if anyone can help me to find a place by the end of august. Also, I would be more than happy to meet new people too.

Please drop me a line.

Cheers,
Sam
Old Aug 7th 2009, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New in Riyadh, KSA

Originally Posted by mihisam
Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I m Sam and I have been here in Riyadh for almost a week. I m a consultant working at a bank and the company put me in an apartment for a month, I was wondering if anyone can help me to find a place by the end of august. Also, I would be more than happy to meet new people too.

Please drop me a line.

Cheers,
Sam
Welcome..........

.......... but I don't like the sound of your imminent accomodation issue. It is very difficult to find compound places in Riyadh, but a bank should be aware of this. My last bank in Riyadh (I've done four tours of duty there now) found me a place on a compound before I agreed to come out there.

Go to HR department (or whoever handles that side of things) a-s-a-p and tell them you cannot find anywhere and you need their help. Don't wait until the month is up.

Good luck.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

mihisam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Welcome..........

.......... but I don't like the sound of your imminent accomodation issue. It is very difficult to find compound places in Riyadh, but a bank should be aware of this. My last bank in Riyadh (I've done four tours of duty there now) found me a place on a compound before I agreed to come out there.

Go to HR department (or whoever handles that side of things) a-s-a-p and tell them you cannot find anywhere and you need their help. Don't wait until the month is up.

Good luck.
Thanks for the welcome, I did talk to HR and he said he will work on it, I m just afraid to count on them and I m looking for a backup plan. So far, compounds are all full, I will probably need to look outside compounds.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 5:13 am
Northerner - Obhur

Spurss is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mihisam

Please drop me a line.

Cheers,
Sam
Welcome to KSA
Old Aug 29th 2009, 3:24 am
Just Joined

saudi36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sam first u r welcome in Riyadh, second try to live out side the compound to be close to Saudi culture and also try to make Saudi friend, believe me it's good to open ur mind to other culture . welcome again.