British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   New to Qatar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/new-qatar-809933/)

sa7soon Sep 21st 2013 1:14 pm

New to Qatar

Hi

I'm relatively new to Qatar (Doha), I've been here for 3 weeks now and already bored to death! I'm a single 22 year old male, recently graduated from a university in the U.S. I'm arabic, but a tad more "Americanized" if you will, and having a difficult time making new friends. Probably due to the fact that everyone I work with is much, much older than I am, and too "Arab" for me lol.

I would love a chance to meet new people that are more accepting and open minded. A little fun would go a long way in this drole city.

I would greatly appreciate any insight on this matter, thank you in advance for your reply! :)

sa7soon Sep 22nd 2013 6:03 am

Re: New to Qatar

Bump?

mikewot Sep 22nd 2013 6:06 am

sa7soon please read the site rules:
13. Bumping Posts
Please do not bump your post in order to get it back to the top of the page.

Blue Cat Sep 22nd 2013 6:19 am

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10912056)
13. Bumping Posts

the lad just wants a reaction, someone to talk too. Welcome to BE, hope things get a bit better for you, try joining a sports club.

sa7soon Sep 22nd 2013 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10912068)
the lad just wants a reaction, someone to talk too. Welcome to BE, hope things get a bit better for you, try joining a sports club.

I would, but I have no means of transportation. And my company is throwing me around from place to place so often that it wouldn't be smart to join one just yet.

For the past week I've been residing at the end of the world, otherwise known as, Ezdan compound 32 in Wakra (I think that's how you spell it). And during the week I train and play basketball so that's fine, but as the weekend rolls by I find myself twiddling my thumbs anxious to get out.

sa7soon Sep 22nd 2013 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10912056)
13. Bumping Posts

Sorry, I frequent a different forum and bumping is a norm over there. I should have read the site rules.

d0ub1ed Oct 6th 2013 6:52 am

Ill take you out mate, in a purely platonic kinda way. Im in a similar situation. PM me your number...

sa7soon Oct 6th 2013 8:05 am

Hey, thanks for replying! It's good to know i'm not the only semi losing my mind lol.