Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New Member in Dubai

New Member in Dubai

Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Dubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really nice
Default New Member in Dubai

Greetings forumers. New member of this forum, but been living in Dubai for 6 years now and working throughout the Middle East for 20 years. Looking forward to adding to this forum as I have been active in others specific to Dubai.

Knight
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member in Dubai

well hello knight...tell us about yourself...

MM, xx
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Dubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really niceDubai Knight is just really nice

Hi Medusa...or do I call you Madam? Hahahaha!

Well I doubt there is enough bandwidth or storage capacity on this server for me to give you the full gory details, however you asked so here is a potted list:

I am a creative working in the events industry, started coming to the Middle East in 1988 when working for the Virgin Group in the UK. Was headhunted by a large US ad agency to come over here in 2001 (my ticket was booked for 9/11!) and have been here ever since. Didn't stay in the ad business but still get involved from time to time. I design a lot of the big events and launches here (the good ones, no government stuff!) and it has taken me all the way from Jordan to Yemen over the years. Like anywhere, there are good places and bad places in the Gulf. Seen a lot and experienced a lot!

In my spare time, I suppose you could classify me as an adrenaline junkie and I can be found throwing myself out of airplanes up in Umm Al Quwain, racing across the desert in a jeep or flying a hot air balloon down in Hatta. Have done the Red Bull Flugtag twice now and will do anything with a hint of danger...or for money! Got involved with film and tv stunt work many years ago and still do a little of that, although the bones ain't as young as they used to be.

I think I can safely say I have seen the best and the worst that Dubai and the UAE offers (its a long story!) and often find myself helping out the less well informed.

Thats me!

Knight
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubai Knight
Greetings forumers. New member of this forum, but been living in Dubai for 6 years now and working throughout the Middle East for 20 years. Looking forward to adding to this forum as I have been active in others specific to Dubai.

Knight
Welcome to the board Mr Knight...
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Welcome to the board Mr Knight...
Great Nic...I think that would be more relevant to me!

Hahahahahaha!

Knight
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:03 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Knight
Welcome!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

welcome,

If you can see past the constant thread hi-jacking and inane flirting then you will have a great time....

unless that's what turns your prop of course
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:17 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
welcome,

If you can see past the constant thread hi-jacking and inane flirting then you will have a great time....

unless that's what turns your prop of course
hello babehhhhhhhhh....
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:19 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Knight
hello babehhhhhhhhhh.......
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Nice to see double posting exists here as well!

Flirting?

(Runs and hides!)

I am immune!

Knight
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:23 am
hmmmm...nice

Hi Medusa...or do I call you Madam? Hahahaha!

Well I doubt there is enough bandwidth or storage capacity on this server for me to give you the full gory details, however you asked so here is a potted list:

I am a creative working in the events industry, started coming to the Middle East in 1988 when working for the Virgin Group in the UK. Was headhunted by a large US ad agency to come over here in 2001 (my ticket was booked for 9/11!) and have been here ever since. Didn't stay in the ad business but still get involved from time to time. I design a lot of the big events and launches here (the good ones, no government stuff!) and it has taken me all the way from Jordan to Yemen over the years. Like anywhere, there are good places and bad places in the Gulf. Seen a lot and experienced a lot!

In my spare time, I suppose you could classify me as an adrenaline junkie and I can be found throwing myself out of airplanes up in Umm Al Quwain, racing across the desert in a jeep or flying a hot air balloon down in Hatta. Have done the Red Bull Flugtag twice now and will do anything with a hint of danger...or for money! Got involved with film and tv stunt work many years ago and still do a little of that, although the bones ain't as young as they used to be.

I think I can safely say I have seen the best and the worst that Dubai and the UAE offers (its a long story!) and often find myself helping out the less well informed.

Thats me!

Knight
anyway....welcome to BE...you sound a bit of a boring chappy....
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:25 am
hmmmm...nice

Nice to see double posting exists here as well!

Flirting?

(Runs and hides!)

I am immune!

Knight
no no no....no double posting...just a special flirting welcome for both of you...I sometimes forget to flirt, but luckily there is Arbroth to remind me....time and time again.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Correct! I am dull as the bumper on a locals Hummer

Knight
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:41 am
hmmmm...nice

Correct! I am dull as the bumper on a locals Hummer

Knight
oh well...I am sure you'll fit in great here then...happy posting
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
no no no....no double posting...just a special flirting welcome for both of you...I sometimes forget to flirt, but luckily there is Arbroth to remind me....time and time again.
jeeez it had nothing to do with you.....

Life (or this forum) does not revolve around you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.