Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New location needed

New location needed

Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default New location needed

It looks like DCC will be closing at the end of November. I am still battling but have to be sensible as well. I will be needing a new location for the DWC lunches. I will need a function room that can hold 100, in a central area of town that is not extortionately expensive. Parking and accessability has to be good as well. Any suggestions??? not keen on the Ranches or the Monty as they are to 'cliquey' and may only attract people living in those areas.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New location needed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
It looks like DCC will be closing at the end of November. I am still battling but have to be sensible as well. I will be needing a new location for the DWC lunches. I will need a function room that can hold 100, in a central area of town that is not extortionately expensive. Parking and accessability has to be good as well. Any suggestions??? not keen on the Ranches or the Monty as they are to 'cliquey' and may only attract people living in those areas.
BC The Baker Finch Room at the Ranches is very good and can be booked out just for you. Let me know if you need me to get details for you
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oktoberon
BC The Baker Finch Room at the Ranches is very good and can be booked out just for you. Let me know if you need me to get details for you
I will come take a look, the thing is with taking it to the Ranches it might imply that it is a Ranches event? does that make sense. I was rather hoping of somewhere on the SZR so it is central for everyone. Emirates Golf Club can cater for us but it is too difficult to get to now. I got lost the other day and their prices are crazy!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

was married there, excellent place
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:43 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
was married there, excellent place
how many will it hold?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

how many will it hold?
For Trevor's 50th we must have had close to 80. I'll check and get back to you
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:47 am
Concierge

thanks! I think you might well know another Trevor???
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

how many will it hold?
we had around 90 there, was pretty tight thou, so i doubt it would hold 100, in fact im sure it wouldnt
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi shag,

Is that the "Trevor" I know?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

what about some of the licensed places in the MOE or the Kepinski? they tend to be very quiet at lunch times except for Apres, maybe the Lebanese place next to Apres ....also the hotel has some other bars and restaurants.
good location for you anyway sweetie
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks! I think you might well know another Trevor???
Tell me more
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Dean
Hi shag,

Is that the "Trevor" I know?
Probably
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:00 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
what about some of the licensed places in the MOE or the Kepinski? they tend to be very quiet at lunch times except for Apres, maybe the Lebanese place next to Apres ....also the hotel has some other bars and restaurants.
good location for you anyway sweetie
I am going to go and have a look at their function rooms, it is on the list. It has to be a private room though cos we have guest speakers etc. Dave Crane this month
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to go and have a look at their function rooms, it is on the list. It has to be a private room though cos we have guest speakers etc. Dave Crane this month
who...??

MM, xx
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:47 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
who...??

MM, xx
www.iwantdave.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.