British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   New location needed (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/new-location-needed-476501/)

Blue Cat Aug 24th 2007 8:09 am

New location needed

It looks like DCC will be closing at the end of November. I am still battling but have to be sensible as well. I will be needing a new location for the DWC lunches. I will need a function room that can hold 100, in a central area of town that is not extortionately expensive. Parking and accessability has to be good as well. Any suggestions??? not keen on the Ranches or the Monty as they are to 'cliquey' and may only attract people living in those areas.

oktoberon Aug 24th 2007 8:24 am

Re: New location needed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 5229201)
It looks like DCC will be closing at the end of November. I am still battling but have to be sensible as well. I will be needing a new location for the DWC lunches. I will need a function room that can hold 100, in a central area of town that is not extortionately expensive. Parking and accessability has to be good as well. Any suggestions??? not keen on the Ranches or the Monty as they are to 'cliquey' and may only attract people living in those areas.

BC The Baker Finch Room at the Ranches is very good and can be booked out just for you. Let me know if you need me to get details for you

Blue Cat Aug 24th 2007 8:41 am

Originally Posted by oktoberon (Post 5229234)
BC The Baker Finch Room at the Ranches is very good and can be booked out just for you. Let me know if you need me to get details for you

I will come take a look, the thing is with taking it to the Ranches it might imply that it is a Ranches event? does that make sense. I was rather hoping of somewhere on the SZR so it is central for everyone. Emirates Golf Club can cater for us but it is too difficult to get to now. I got lost the other day and their prices are crazy!

arbroath_abroad Aug 24th 2007 8:42 am

Originally Posted by oktoberon (Post 5229234)

was married there, excellent place:thumbup:

Blue Cat Aug 24th 2007 8:43 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 5229277)
was married there, excellent place:thumbup:

how many will it hold?

oktoberon Aug 24th 2007 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 5229278)
how many will it hold?

For Trevor's 50th we must have had close to 80. I'll check and get back to you

Blue Cat Aug 24th 2007 8:47 am

Originally Posted by oktoberon (Post 5229284)

thanks! I think you might well know another Trevor???

arbroath_abroad Aug 24th 2007 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 5229278)
how many will it hold?

we had around 90 there, was pretty tight thou, so i doubt it would hold 100, in fact im sure it wouldnt

The Dean Aug 24th 2007 9:26 am

Originally Posted by oktoberon (Post 5229284)

Hi shag,

Is that the "Trevor" I know?

Patsy Stoned Aug 24th 2007 9:29 am

what about some of the licensed places in the MOE or the Kepinski? they tend to be very quiet at lunch times except for Apres, maybe the Lebanese place next to Apres ....also the hotel has some other bars and restaurants.
good location for you anyway sweetie:D

oktoberon Aug 24th 2007 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 5229288)
thanks! I think you might well know another Trevor???

Tell me more

oktoberon Aug 24th 2007 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5229419)
Hi shag,

Is that the "Trevor" I know?

Probably

Blue Cat Aug 24th 2007 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 5229429)
what about some of the licensed places in the MOE or the Kepinski? they tend to be very quiet at lunch times except for Apres, maybe the Lebanese place next to Apres ....also the hotel has some other bars and restaurants.
good location for you anyway sweetie:D

I am going to go and have a look at their function rooms, it is on the list. It has to be a private room though cos we have guest speakers etc. Dave Crane this month :thumbsup:

Madam Medusa Aug 24th 2007 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 5230540)
I am going to go and have a look at their function rooms, it is on the list. It has to be a private room though cos we have guest speakers etc. Dave Crane this month :thumbsup:

who...??

MM, xx

Blue Cat Aug 24th 2007 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5230764)
who...??

MM, xx

www.iwantdave.com :thumbsup: