Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New jod, new life, new home, help needed

New jod, new life, new home, help needed

Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of
Default Re: New jod, new life, new home, help needed

Don't be put off by LH pleasantries ...have a look at the Wiki at the top, also there are alot of threads recently that have been posted that will point you in the right direction....I have found this forum invaluable and a great wealth of information and of course "real characters"....good luck and keep solidering on
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of
Default Re: New jod, new life, new home, help needed

Regarding shipping over your computer I had to airfreight my Desktop (advised that at this time of year it gets mighty hot if its not insulated properly) and with my laptop brought over as hand luggage. We used Allied/Pickfords and Crowne as we had things coming from Oz and California both were excellent gave great service. Most companies I think require 3 quotes but check with your company as they may have a deal with one....

Schools you better start calling from there....as kindergarten and year 1 placements are in short supply, also from calling some schools in Dubai they asked me what company my husband worked at as there are some companies that have affiliations with some schools and therefore you enter the waiting list closer to the top or can you offered a guaranteed place, so you should check with your work too.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice
Default Re: New job, new life, new home, help needed

Originally Posted by lionheart
With all due respect, you really need to sort out your figures and your arithmetic before bothering us with your queries. Once you know exactly what you are getting, then maybe we will be more helpful.
LionHeart thanks for your comments, coming from a c**k jockey Chartered Loss Adjuster such as yourself, it really means allot to me.

Tbird, many thanks, im trying to get the company to increase the housing allowance, will see what they say, thanks for all the help guys!