Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New in Jeddah, KSA

New in Jeddah, KSA

Old Feb 26th 2012, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

ScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really nice
Default New in Jeddah, KSA

Hi Everyone,

So thats me done my fist month in Jeddah, enjoying work so far. Been traveling around the Kingdom a lot, so its been difficult to settle in.\

Anyway... I am finally on a nice little compound, was over the hotel living. Looking to explore what there is to do in the city socially etc. I have just sent for an application form for BBG, anyone know much about this?

Feel free to post some ideas, or advise me of known events etc...

I am single and from Scotland... Pretty easy going.

Cheers

Lee
Old Feb 26th 2012, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New in Jeddah, KSA

Originally Posted by ScottishLee
Hi Everyone,

So thats me done my fist month in Jeddah, enjoying work so far. Been traveling around the Kingdom a lot, so its been difficult to settle in.\

Anyway... I am finally on a nice little compound, was over the hotel living. Looking to explore what there is to do in the city socially etc. I have just sent for an application form for BBG, anyone know much about this?

Cheers

Lee
Fist is probably more apt than you think...
Old Feb 27th 2012, 7:02 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

Obtain a car, preferably 4x4.
Swimming, snorkeling, diving in private beaches in the North Obhur or wild ones in the South. Boat trips.
Camping / offroading / hashing in desert or mountains.
Old town Al Balad - the western newcomers like to hang around.
Fish market, Animal market, Sawareek market - if you like more exotic experience.
Search join Facebook groups and internations.org, not much activity posted there though. Oldcomers mostly communicate in closed social groups according to their interests, and distribute info about the events via word of mouth or PM.
Introduce yourself, describe your interests, be active, and you will be invited to the club...

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Fist is probably more apt than you think...
...that's why there is a Fist roundabout in Jeddah.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough

You could join the Facebook group, Jeddah adventure club. They have social meets, camping, diving/boats trips etc....

Glad you've started to settle in, If you want to meet up, pm me.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 7:36 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys. I have been in Jeddah now for 8 months and haven't seen much. Long working hours, away to Dublin / Dubai a lot and working weekends when I am not. Live in Lotus IV so if anyone is in a mood for some company PM me. So far family still in Dublin, supposed to join me this month provided all visa shenanigans are resolved.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

platon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee!

I'm moving to Jeddah in two weeks with a colleague. Could u give me some info about compounds? Or at least about ur one? We were wondering if it will be too expensive...

Thanx in advance.