Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New to Jeddah - diving and gyms

New to Jeddah - diving and gyms

Old Oct 11th 2013, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

zendivers is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New to Jeddah - diving and gyms

Hi I've just arrived from the UK and am in need of some advice re diving and also gym membership - I want to dive this weekend hopefully and am thinking of trying Desert Sea Divers - does anyone have any experience of this company? Also I need to join a gym so any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Guy
Old Oct 12th 2013, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Jeddah - diving and gyms

Didn't ever go diving when I was in Jeddah, so can't recommend anyone.

Gym wise, there are a couple of well known names now in Saudi, Golds Gym has at least one site, and new ones are probably springing up all over. FitnessTime seems to have quite a few branches around Riyadh, would imagine it's the same around Jeddah. I think their annual fees are around 2,500 sr, don't know if it's open to negotiation.

Are you on a compound? Most will have some kind of gym facility.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: New to Jeddah - diving and gyms

Thanks - I've noticed fitness time seems to have a few sites and there is a gold's too - but no I'm not on a compound just an apartment. I'll visit some and check them out - cheers
Old Oct 13th 2013, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to Jeddah - diving and gyms

Hi Guy, welcome to Jeddah!

I have been on many DSD boat trips and they are always run very well. I believe they are running boats all this week during Eid.

PM me if you want contact details for the shop manager.

Jason
Old Oct 13th 2013, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: New to Jeddah - diving and gyms

Thanks Jason - I went diving with them today and really enjoyed it - great diving here