Reload this Page >

New Here: Appartment or Compound

New Here: Appartment or Compound

Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

mikeinitaly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Here: Appartment or Compound

Hi all!
My name is Mike and I am from the UK but living in Italy. Thanks for ready my thread! I have just been offered a job as an English teacher and was wonder if 10000 sars per months is an OK wage (accommodation provided).

Also, I have an allowance of 2750 sars per month for housing. My questions are:

Is it better to live on a compound or in the appartment block provided by the employer and is this allowance enough for a studio type rent per mont on an compound?

Thanks to all!
Mike
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Here: Appartment or Compound

Where is the job? Riyadh, Jeddah or where? It's a piss poor salary package to be honest, but if you have no family to support, it may prove bearable.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

sorry buddy i forgot to mention its in riyadh.
so is that bad? its 20 hours a week with flat included
i have just seen that compounds are hard to get into. where could anice place be to stay?
thanks for any help
mike
Old Sep 24th 2011, 12:15 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikeinitaly
sorry buddy i forgot to mention its in riyadh.
so is that bad? its 20 hours a week with flat included
i have just seen that compounds are hard to get into. where could anice place be to stay?
thanks for any help
mike
1 bed apartments in compounds are around 70-80,000SAR per year, and as you have guessed are close to impossible to get into.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

Hi all!
My name is Mike and I am from the UK but living in Italy. Thanks for ready my thread! I have just been offered a job as an English teacher and was wonder if 10000 sars per months is an OK wage (accommodation provided).

Also, I have an allowance of 2750 sars per month for housing. My questions are:

Is it better to live on a compound or in the appartment block provided by the employer and is this allowance enough for a studio type rent per mont on an compound?

Thanks to all!
Mike
SR 2750 per month for accommodation is less than half of what is needed to live.

Try here: http://housing.justlanded.com/en/Sau...t_Apartments/1 to find any apartments etc. They are not on compounds but after visiting a few most are alright.

SR10,000 is roughly equivalent to £1720 or £20,640pa at the moment which will be tax free but isn't great by comparison to similar professionals in your position over here. If you imagine that is after tax it probably works out around a £25/27k a year job which is the salary of a 2nd year teacher in the UK. Not worth it.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

For an english teacher who can't spell apartment it is probably about right
Old Sep 26th 2011, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Too much for you to resist that one I bet your hands were trembling with excitement as you were writing it
Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Too much for you to resist that one I bet your hands were trembling with excitement as you were writing it
in fairness he did let 'mont' and 'an compound' go
Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
in fairness he did let 'mont' and 'an compound' go
and wonder-ing
Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by saudiflares
and wonder-ing
and per months
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mogs
and per months
Wtf it's a blog and I've got more replies about my spelling from the self indulged of society than about my actual problem. Swell
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Wtf it's a blog and I've got more replies about my spelling from the self indulged of society than about my actual problem. Swell
Sorry, I've no idea about accommodation in Saudi. I'm sure there are plenty of threads in this forum providing answers to the same / similar questions as yours.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mogs
Sorry, I've no idea about accommodation in Saudi. I'm sure there are plenty of threads in this forum providing answers to the same / similar questions as yours.

you're (or your) right there are but just not related to english teechers (or teachers) hence my asking

thanks anyway!
m
Old Sep 26th 2011, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

you're (or your) right there are but just not related to english teechers (or teachers) hence my asking

thanks anyway!
m
Mike, the housing situation is the same for everyone, English teacher or not.
It is, as per my understanding, VERY difficult to get housing on a decent Western compound if your company is not proving it for you. There are, as you can see if you look at related threads, long waiting lists for compounds in Riyadh. And companies, not private people, are favoured.

Pricewise I can't help you, sorry. But I am sure there are threads where prices for compound housing were mentioned, you might want to use the search button.

Good luck!
Old Sep 26th 2011, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alexa
Mike, the housing situation is the same for everyone, English teacher or not.
It is, as per my understanding, VERY difficult to get housing on a decent Western compound if your company is not proving it for you. There are, as you can see if you look at related threads, long waiting lists for compounds in Riyadh. And companies, not private people, are favoured.

Pricewise I can't help you, sorry. But I am sure there are threads where prices for compound housing were mentioned, you might want to use the search button.

Good luck!
Thanks for that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.