Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New Garhoud Bridge

New Garhoud Bridge

Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:59 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Garhoud Bridge

I see that the bridge will be partially opened on Saturday, but only for those going towards Sharjah for now. It seems that three lanes will go to Sharjah and ONE LANE will go everywhere else. It sounds like another recipe for disaster to me. I will stick with the Business Bay Bridge until March 2008 when all fourteen lanes of the new bridge should be open. Whilst writing, does anybody know where I can access a route map and timetable for the public bus service? My wife wants to get to the MOE region from Garhoud and back on a regular basis without the expense of taxis.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Garhoud Bridge

Originally Posted by lionheart
does anybody know where I can access a route map and timetable for the public bus service?
There was a transport website which had some info (though the promised 'journey planner' just didn't load. I can't seem to find that website again right now but here's what I downloaded from it ages ago (spreadsheet attached)

Apparently the 92 goes up SZR to Barsha and beyond... but not from Garhoud. YOu'd probably have to change at trade centre / Burjaman / something.
Attached Files
File Type: xls
dubai buses.xls (50.0 KB, 1043 views)