Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New to the Expat Scene!!.....

New to the Expat Scene!!.....

Old Nov 21st 2004, 6:54 am
Dazed and Confused

Crying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant future
Default New to the Expat Scene!!.....

Hi all,

New member here, thought I'd let you know who I am and see if anyone has some advice for me.

My names Adam, I'm 24 and from the UK, I'm currently staying with friends out in Dubai and am looking for some sort of shared accommodation in the Bur Dubai area, shared flat with another batchelor, expat family etc, does anyone have any ideas of where I might be able to find anything?? I'm looking through the local papers at the moment - Kaleej Times, Gulf News. I also had notices put up in Spinneys but have had little success so far!!

Second thing is I'm also looking for a job, something within the IT Industry - techinal support, systems maintenance, analysis etc, contacted a few agencies but not heard a word!! I would like other peoples views on this and to hear about their experiences.

Thanks,

Adam
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:01 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the Expat Scene!!.....

Originally Posted by Crying Freeman
Hi all,

New member here, thought I'd let you know who I am and see if anyone has some advice for me.

My names Adam, I'm 24 and from the UK, I'm currently staying with friends out in Dubai and am looking for some sort of shared accommodation in the Bur Dubai area, shared flat with another batchelor, expat family etc, does anyone have any ideas of where I might be able to find anything?? I'm looking through the local papers at the moment - Kaleej Times, Gulf News. I also had notices put up in Spinneys but have had little success so far!!

Second thing is I'm also looking for a job, something within the IT Industry - techinal support, systems maintenance, analysis etc, contacted a few agencies but not heard a word!! I would like other peoples views on this and to hear about their experiences.

Thanks,

Adam

It's a bit quiet at the mo but JC is around and a few others will be here later I expect, I am sure they will have plenty of info for you. Good luck.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:26 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jellybean
It's a bit quiet at the mo but JC is around and a few others will be here later I expect, I am sure they will have plenty of info for you. Good luck.
check the FAQ section in this board.

Drop me a line over email as well then can send u some links which may be of help. Recruit firms in this town are a pain in the arse...
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:59 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
check the FAQ section in this board.

Drop me a line over email as well then can send u some links which may be of help. Recruit firms in this town are a pain in the arse...
I think you should jack your job in and become a professional Dubai relocation consultant. And you could hire Face as your assistant.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:03 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by kristy
I think you should jack your job in and become a professional Dubai relocation consultant. And you could hire Face as your assistant.
u wanna do the figures?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:10 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

u wanna do the figures?
You can't afford me!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:18 am
The 5th Amendment

You can't afford me!
depends on how i pay before i die from throat cancer and obesity...
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:21 am
Troublemaker

depends on how i pay before i die from throat cancer and obesity...
Heh heh, maybe you should cut down to one pack of fags a day!!!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Heh heh, maybe you should cut down to one pack of fags a day!!!

My flat is now available, i've moved out....although be warned, the landlord will throw out the roof of your car!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 10:07 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelvynd
My flat is now available, i've moved out....although be warned, the landlord will throw out the roof of your car!
LMAO
Old Nov 21st 2004, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Are you moving out of Dubai or relocating within the city?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
Are you moving out of Dubai or relocating within the city?
relocating.....i am temporarily holed up in someone's 'maid's room'.
I head overseas for a while and then my missus and i will be looking for more permanent accom in early feb here in dubai.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 3:20 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Crying Freeman
Hi all,

Thanks,

Adam
Hello Adam. Welcome to the forum.

Yeah sorting accomodation can be a pain, but notice boards at spinneys are ur best bet. Like Joe sed, look thru the FAQ section and u may find urslf some decent living space at an afordable price..... always a good option incase the shared thing doesnt come thru.

As for ur job, from wot I have heard, as I have no experience in job hunting in Dubai (yet!), it would b best to get urself out there..... visit companies, setup appointments and literally force urself into their offices. Obviously places such as the Internet and Media Cities shud be ur main focus.... Here are their respective websites:

www.dubaiinternetcity.com

www.dubaimediacity.com

Hope that sorts u out. Drop me a PM or e-mail if u have any more specific q's. Enjoy the forum!
Old Nov 21st 2004, 3:36 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

given u karma 4 ur troubles.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 3:44 pm
The Oracle

I wouldnt settle for anything less than a 50-50 partnership! hahahahahaha

My knowledge of Dubai is beyond repute..... never mind wot my karma levels say. hahahaha

U want to help us setup shop Kristy? Seriously though...... the thought has crossed my mind ever since I discovered BE. Doesnt have to be a full time thing though..... we cud do it on the side.... maybe just 1 day a week or sommat.

hmmmmmm........ this is a very interesting idea indeed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.