Reload this Page >

New in Dubai, Help please

New in Dubai, Help please

Old May 14th 2008, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

myac83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New in Dubai, Help please

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this place as well to Dubai (Been here for 3 weeks now waiting for my work permit to be issued).

Anyway, as you can imagine it can get a bit boring after the novelty of taking pictures of tall buildings wears out..and was wondering if anyone knows any decent traditional pubs with bands playing some good old Guns n Roses kind of music etc in the Dubai area.

PS: I've been here on holiday before, used to go to a Pub called Harvesters, they used to have a decent band playing but thats gone now, the last time I checked the pub turned into an Asian & Russian prostitutes pickup point. & what is up with all the staring in the streets?

Thanks everyone
Old May 14th 2008, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New in Dubai, Help please

Originally Posted by myac83
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this place as well to Dubai (Been here for 3 weeks now waiting for my work permit to be issued).

Anyway, as you can imagine it can get a bit boring after the novelty of taking pictures of tall buildings wears out..and was wondering if anyone knows any decent traditional pubs with bands playing some good old Guns n Roses kind of music etc in the Dubai area.

PS: I've been here on holiday before, used to go to a Pub called Harvesters, they used to have a decent band playing but thats gone now, the last time I checked the pub turned into an Asian & Russian prostitutes pickup point. & what is up with all the staring in the streets?

Thanks everyone
welcome...!!

check out el paso in dubai marine or double deckers in al murooj rotana for starters...oh, and if you really want to slum it, rockbottoms, some of the guys here sing there on a friday night, i'm sure they will do you a guns n roses number if you ask nicely, lol...

MM, xx
Old May 14th 2008, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Hey thanks for the quick reply

I'm due to check double deckers at some point as I was told its a gathering point for us red mancs. Any idea where Rockbottom is? I thought it was a techno/trance kind of place?
Old May 14th 2008, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I'm due to check double deckers at some point as I was told its a gathering point for us red mancs. Any idea where Rockbottom is? I thought it was a techno/trance kind of place?
No - it's also a pick-up point.

Double Deckers - yes it has garnered something of a Man Yoo following, so you may find like-thinking minds there.....

.... so avoid Fibber McGee's (Chelsea) and The Underground (Liverpool).

Oh, and Good Fellas (Luton Town).
Old May 14th 2008, 3:51 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this place as well to Dubai (Been here for 3 weeks now waiting for my work permit to be issued)... what is up with all the staring in the streets?
Try remembering to wear your trousers to work next time
Old May 14th 2008, 3:55 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

what is up with all the staring in the streets?

Thanks everyone
what sort of staring are you talking about....
Old May 14th 2008, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

in the regent palace hotel, bur dubai...no it's defo not a techno/trance type of place, lol...

MM, xx
Old May 14th 2008, 4:00 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
in the regent palace hotel, bur dubai...no it's defo not a techno/trance type of place, lol...

MM, xx
I sometimes go into a trance there...during the sportsrounds mainly
Old May 14th 2008, 4:05 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
I sometimes go into a trance there...during the sportsrounds mainly
So, MH, are you really soming along to RB's on Friday night or was BM just winding me and Coxy up????
Old May 14th 2008, 4:08 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
So, MH, are you really soming along to RB's on Friday night or was BM just winding me and Coxy up????
I am from Barcelona...
Old May 14th 2008, 4:17 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
I am from Barcelona...
So your real name is actually Manuel????
Old May 14th 2008, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all your replies lovely people. I can't wear trousers its too hot, mainly shorts for now but really not looking forward to wearing a suit and tie come mid July but will be a new sweaty experience.

Thanks for your reply MM, will be going to RB next week, giving Mix a try tomorrow, suppose to be good.
Old May 14th 2008, 8:27 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone
go to the irish village kidda, plenty of beers, big outdoor place to drink and you get people doing music, its worth a look.