Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New to Dubai feel like i have been shagged!!!

New to Dubai feel like i have been shagged!!!

Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

patrick30 is on a distinguished road
Default New to Dubai feel like i have been shagged!!!

Hi everyone.

Just recently arrived here in Dubai and was hoping for some advice from you seasoned Dubai expats.
Just got my first telephone bill posted into my pobox after i must confess high usage over the last month due to ex problems etc etc.......
To my horror i opened my first bill to a whopping 4500 dhs which kind of shuck me to the core really and made me seek comfort in the Irish village to ponder horror news. I had just felt like i have been d!!!!

The advice which i seek is, surely there must be some VOIP website that can offer cheap phone calls back to the UK? I have tried Skype but thats well blocked, same story with callserve and phone serve?

Does anyone use a good service which works? Any advice would be most welcome
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:59 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Dubai feel like i have been shagged!!!

just stop calling your ex....
local calls are free...
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

lornorder is an unknown quantity at this point

he,he good advice...i like that- get her (or him) to call you.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:23 pm

Boydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by patrick30
Hi everyone.

Just recently arrived here in Dubai and was hoping for some advice from you seasoned Dubai expats.
Just got my first telephone bill posted into my pobox after i must confess high usage over the last month due to ex problems etc etc.......
To my horror i opened my first bill to a whopping 4500 dhs which kind of shuck me to the core really and made me seek comfort in the Irish village to ponder horror news. I had just felt like i have been d!!!!

The advice which i seek is, surely there must be some VOIP website that can offer cheap phone calls back to the UK? I have tried Skype but thats well blocked, same story with callserve and phone serve?

Gareth pointed me in the diretion of personal VPN's google it and see what comes up.

You ain't seen me... roight!

Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.

what 4500 dhs!!! was it itemised???? I have never had one more than about 700 dhs! Where are you calling and what time of the day. Etisalat is cheaper after I think 9pm and on Fridays. Please don't tell me it is your mobile bill???
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Whats vpn's just tried to google search now?

My phone bill was using my mobile, stupid i know but still was not expecting this whopping bill, but welcome to dubai!!

The weather here is great at the moment, can any you guys recommend some good places to go and relax at night time and meet some new friends. Before you say what type of friends, i mean the kind who are normal who like a few drinks and talk about football and normal stuff?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:19 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Try wiTopia - not free though but works
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:19 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Whats vpn's just tried to google search now?

My phone bill was using my mobile, stupid i know but still was not expecting this whopping bill, but welcome to dubai!!

The weather here is great at the moment, can any you guys recommend some good places to go and relax at night time and meet some new friends. Before you say what type of friends, i mean the kind who are normal who like a few drinks and talk about football and normal stuff?
what's normal like....
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:20 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

. Before you say what type of friends, i mean the kind who are normal
)

Wont find many of them here
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:24 am

Boydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud ofBoydy101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Try wiTopia - not free though but works
That's the one - it basically tunnels you past the proxy server that blocks the VOIP in a great escape stylee.

Job done, as FD says it will cost you but if you carry on at that rate you will have paid it back in a day!!!

Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:24 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Wont find many of them here
cause we're all pretty special...
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:31 am
Its all good

of course
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info on the VOIP i will look into it further.
When i say normal i mean no Jumeria janes who look at the car your driving before having a civil conversation, which by my first impressions cant in the first place.

I also not a big fan of the ROCK Bottoms culture full of pissed up offshore workers and emirates girls with there arse hanging out, which does have its up sides after a few bull frogs NO OFFENCE LADIES JUST only what i have heard.

Has anyone been to Trilogy ?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

With WiTopia which VOIP works with it any idea? I know none of us will ever this because we dont do these things here in dubai because its classed as naugthy but i would be interested to no to tell a friend !!!!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:44 am
hmmmm...nice

so...what car do you drive Patrick....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.