Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New Dress Code rules for Dubai?

New Dress Code rules for Dubai?

Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Dress Code rules for Dubai?

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
...wearing any sort of CFM's just for some silly old men to ogle my legs...

It won't be just silly old men ogling...

And crocs aren't a huge turn-off either.
I wear mine all the time. You're right about them being sensible and comfortable. Not exaclty first-date attire, but they do have their place and they are firm favourites. Plus you can get a pair for almost nothing. Easy to clean, comfortable, lightweight, etc etc.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

monkieie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seven seas
It won't be just silly old men ogling...

And crocs aren't a huge turn-off either.
do what??! I think the less said about your tastes mate the besser
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:21 pm

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

i love british men talking fashion the most fashionable t-shirt they have is one of the three: a) local football club; b) local rugby club or c) a t-shirt with a company logo

i know the guy who runs the crocs business in the me. i like the guy ... he wears crocs too ...
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

monkieie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diablo
i love british men talking fashion the most fashionable t-shirt they have is one of the three: a) local football club; b) local rugby club or c) a t-shirt with a company logo

i know the guy who runs the crocs business in the me. i like the guy ... he wears crocs too ...
Crocs are an abomination and should be banned. The only thing worse than those things are people who wear socks with them - which you don't do by any chance, do you diablo?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by monkieie
Crocs are an abomination and should be banned. The only thing worse than those things are people who wear socks with them - which you don't do by any chance, do you diablo?
How can you wear socks with flip flops?? Wouldn't they hurt between the toes

And how can we still be chatting about this same subject ? Is there nothing interesting going on??

Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by monkieie
no i ****en don't ... nor sandals with socks

... but i do have crocks and a spiderman / superman logos on them ... just like my son ... i find them extremely good for the beach, swimming pool, around the house and so on. i don't really wear them when i go out - i mainly wear boots and i have a few real 'jewels' of boots for going out ...

Last edited by diablo; Jun 17th 2009 at 8:51 am.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

How can you wear socks with flip flops?? Wouldn't they hurt between the toes

And how can we still be chatting about this same subject ? Is there nothing interesting going on??

I thought flip flops and crocs were two completely different types of shoes.

Crocs are the plastic round-toed thingies with holes in them aren't they and flip flops aren't?

As for crocs being cheap, I've looked at them for the kids and they are a friggin rip off.

Remember jellybeans for kids a few years ago? Crap but cheap!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:56 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
I thought flip flops and crocs were two completely different types of shoes.

Crocs are the plastic round-toed thingies with holes in them aren't they and flip flops aren't?

As for crocs being cheap, I've looked at them for the kids and they are a friggin rip off.

Remember jellybeans for kids a few years ago? Crap but cheap!
Oh dear Oh dear .................. here you are:

There you are - Crocs "flip flops" - the word flip flops was used because I know everybody understands what they are. So you're all talking about the "clogs" crocs which are the closed ones, while I've been referring to the "flipflop" ones.

And no they are not cheap, but they last a long time (my first pair are 3 years old), they are comfortable but you have to be really, really careful walking with them on a wet floor - they will make you slip in a jiffy; very dangerous for children especially near pools surrounded by tiles.... just a word of caution there!

Now you still think they're really, really ugly??? If you do, you're strange
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:15 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather be called strange than ever wear those...they are ugly, end of.
There are loads of shoes and flipflop type slippers that are very comfortable and look much much much better...it's not like anything that isn't a Croc is a fck me shoe...
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:21 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8...sflipflops.jpg

There you are - Crocs "flip flops" - the word flip flops was used because I know everybody understands what they are. So you're all talking about the "clogs" crocs which are the closed ones, while I've been referring to the "flipflop" ones.

And no they are not cheap, but they last a long time (my first pair are 3 years old), they are comfortable but you have to be really, really careful walking with them on a wet floor - they will make you slip in a jiffy; very dangerous for children especially near pools surrounded by tiles.... just a word of caution there!

Very few people on here refer to those grey flip-flops as "crocs" so it probably explains why people think you are mad liking them. Flip-flops are perfectly okay. Those horrible plastic "crocs" are for 5-6 year old girls only IMHO.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:46 am

de gustibus not est disputadum
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8...sflipflops.jpg

Misunderstanding, obviously we all had you walking round in those things Commander posted a piccie of (with added jewels!).
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by diablo
de gustibus not est disputadum
You mean De gustibus non est disputandum. You are right - "In matters of taste there is no dispute." I had to google that and although I'm sure you are all very clever and know the meaning without having to search, I thought I would put it here just in case there's another person who's as "slow" as me
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
Misunderstanding, obviously we all had you walking round in those things Commander posted a piccie of (with added jewels!).
I realised that when that picture was posted which is why I posted the floppy things

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.