Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Are new car warranties transferable in Dubai? Mk5 Golf GTi??

Are new car warranties transferable in Dubai? Mk5 Golf GTi??

Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

lofty1 has a spectacular aura aboutlofty1 has a spectacular aura aboutlofty1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Are new car warranties transferable in Dubai? Mk5 Golf GTi??

Hello all, i'm now pretty set on getting a mk5 Golf GTi and i'm wondering if the manufacturers warranty is transferable in a private sale?

I've been quoted 104,000 dhs for a new Golf GTi from Abu Dhabi VW but have seen some used examples for a good bit less but obviously i've got the risk of buying used, and potentialy with no warranty?

Before anyone suggests it yes i'd love an R32 but they are 132,000 dhs new and very rare 2nd hand......

All advice is appreciated!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are new car warranties transferable in Dubai? Mk5 Golf GTi??

Originally Posted by lofty1
Hello all, i'm now pretty set on getting a mk5 Golf GTi and i'm wondering if the manufacturers warranty is transferable in a private sale?

I've been quoted 104,000 dhs for a new Golf GTi from Abu Dhabi VW but have seen some used examples for a good bit less but obviously i've got the risk of buying used, and potentialy with no warranty?

Before anyone suggests it yes i'd love an R32 but they are 132,000 dhs new and very rare 2nd hand......

I wouldn't advise anyone to buy a VW/Audi in Abu Dhabi the warranty/after sales service is awful

The mechanics at Ali & Sons the dealership are crap and in general Ali & Sons will try and rip you off

Example

AC goes on my 27.000 k car, Take to mussafah to the service dept, they have it 2 days call me to tell me yep the A/C compressor has gone and it will cost 4.000 dibs.

Take to another garage, dont tell them what the dealership had said and it cost 500 dibs for a fuse????

The dealer has a very bad reputation here, its not worth the hassle
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by annacarna
I wouldn't advise anyone to buy a VW/Audi in Abu Dhabi the warranty/after sales service is awful

The mechanics at Ali & Sons the dealership are crap and in general Ali & Sons will try and rip you off

Example

AC goes on my 27.000 k car, Take to mussafah to the service dept, they have it 2 days call me to tell me yep the A/C compressor has gone and it will cost 4.000 dibs.

Take to another garage, dont tell them what the dealership had said and it cost 500 dibs for a fuse????

The dealer has a very bad reputation here, its not worth the hassle
my friend out there has an A4... she got hit by another driver, so took it in for the insurance to pay for everything... she gets the car back it feels a little funny but she doesn't know much about cars so she drives it around... a collegue takes her car out for a drive a couple of weeks later... says there's something definately not right about it... takes it back and they tell her the suspension has completely gone so she'll have to pay A LOT for it to be done... the car had covered 6000km
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lofty1

normally the warranty is but it doesnt transfer automatically. You actually have to inform the warraty providor immediately upon purchasing the car.