Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New Baby/ passport

New Baby/ passport

Old May 13th 2019, 8:50 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Baby/ passport

Originally Posted by Millhouse
No photos submitted - all uploaded now and e-signed off. I got a lawyer friend is a UK citizen and resident to do it - he's even met my daughter. Bulletproof on that.
Electronic submission works just as well.
Old Oct 27th 2019, 10:32 am
Just Joined

chrisprycejoens is an unknown quantity at this point

I submitted the following;

baby birth certificate
my birth certificate
mums birth certificate
wedding certificate
my passport copy for fun

let’s see if this is enough.
was this enough? im going through the same process now.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hello -

did you have to send any grandparents stuff?

Grandparents’ documents

Send all of the following for both maternal grandparents:
  • full birth or adoption certificate
  • grandfather’s marriage certificate to your grandmother (if this applies)
And all of the following for both paternal grandparents:
  • full birth or adoption certificate
  • grandfather’s marriage certificate to your grandmother (if this applies

I'm have a WTF moment. The grandparents are all dead, or close.
I'm so pleased I've re-read this thread.

No thunderstorm this time but the Mill-house Fammm-i-lyyy (kick kick) has had another addition. Master Millhouse born three weeks ago (no light bulbs in his mouth or bald heads) and I'm doing the passport application again. Seems to have the same criteria as last time and I'll be sending the same pack of documents that worked last time but ignored the requirements.

Thanks again for those that helped last time!

Last edited by Millhouse; Oct 3rd 2020 at 5:36 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so pleased I've re-read this thread.

No thunderstorm this time but the Mill-house Fammm-i-lyyy (kick kick) has had another addition. Master Millhouse born three weeks ago (no light bulbs in his mouth or bald heads) and I'm doing the passport application again. Seems to have the same criteria as last time and I'll be sending the same pack of documents that worked last time but ignored the requirements.

Thanks again for those that helped last time!
Congrats on the new rugrat.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Congrats on the new rugrat.
Thank you - three of these blood suckers now. Now sure how much further the wallet will stretch, probably time to get the pipes rewired to nowhere.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you - three of these blood suckers now. Now sure how much further the wallet will stretch, probably time to get the pipes rewired to nowhere.
Certainly to get the pipes rewired - rugrats are an expensive hobby but also to take out some form of kids insurance (i remember reading the average costing for a rugrat from 0 until 18 was about $200,000)
Old Oct 5th 2020, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Certainly to get the pipes rewired - rugrats are an expensive hobby but also to take out some form of kids insurance (i remember reading the average costing for a rugrat from 0 until 18 was about $200,000)
That strikes me as remarkably under-estimated. If you live in the UAE (i.e. have to pay for schooling) it will be $200,000 just on school costs for 12 years, let alone feeding and clothing the little buggers.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by csdf
That strikes me as remarkably under-estimated. If you live in the UAE (i.e. have to pay for schooling) it will be $200,000 just on school costs for 12 years, let alone feeding and clothing the little buggers.
That was a quote for the UK average - I wouldnt have a inkling on the pricings for rugrats in UAE. Shame we had to outlaw using sprogs as chimney sweeps !
Old Oct 5th 2020, 10:38 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the new arrival, very brave for a man of your advancing years !!
Old Oct 5th 2020, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

Congrats. Not sure if it’s been covered but I just went through the process of getting the U.K. Birth Abroad Certificate.

It was mildly painless except for the 300 Dirhams to attest the UAE birth certificate, 150 for for the English one and 150 for the Arabic one. Then an addition £225 to the FCO for the U.K. certificate and return postage. Plus DHL to the U.K. as its the safest way to send your original documents.

It looks easier to do whilst you’re still here and can get the certificates stamped in person.

Heres the link:
https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth

Here’s where I went to get the UAE birth certificates attested in Abu Dhabi:

Yas Center Tasheel

MusaffahMusaffah Industrial - Abu Dhabi
02 555 5360
https://g.co/kgs/3qJsqx

Old Oct 6th 2020, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Congrats on the new arrival, very brave for a man of your advancing years !!
Indeed - 42 and a new liability. My plans to retire early has certainly been delayed a bit.

Old Oct 6th 2020, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by frequentflyer1234
Congrats. Not sure if it’s been covered but I just went through the process of getting the U.K. Birth Abroad Certificate.

It was mildly painless except for the 300 Dirhams to attest the UAE birth certificate, 150 for for the English one and 150 for the Arabic one. Then an addition £225 to the FCO for the U.K. certificate and return postage. Plus DHL to the U.K. as its the safest way to send your original documents.

It looks easier to do whilst you’re still here and can get the certificates stamped in person.

Heres the link:
https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth

Here’s where I went to get the UAE birth certificates attested in Abu Dhabi:

Yas Center Tasheel

MusaffahMusaffah Industrial - Abu Dhabi
02 555 5360
https://g.co/kgs/3qJsqx
Hello - this is very interesting.

I haven't attested anything for either of them... do I need to? Why do you need to do this? (or should I say what problems are caused by not?)

Thanks!
Old Oct 6th 2020, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

Old Oct 6th 2020, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

This is to get British birth certificates, which you don't need for a passport. They can be handy if, many years down the line, you/your child(ren) lose the UAE birth certificates and don't live here any more. It also means the births will be recorded in the UK Index of Births, so helping future genealogists eager to trace their descent from Sir Millhouse.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

My reckoning is that although it’s not needed now, Sod’s law says that when you do need it, it’ll be an absolute ball ache to get. So best just jump through the hoops now and be relived of a little cash to reduce stress further down the line!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.