Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New apartment owner can't afford to live in it

New apartment owner can't afford to live in it

Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:31 am
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of
Default Re: New apartment owner can't afford to live in it

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Some so called diplomats really should be kept away from reporters. Maybe he has been out of the country so long he has lost touch with the new reality of Dubai?
Well if family status, or the so called "friends connections" get you such a diplomatic job maybe it's time to hold free elections down there. I know, that itself would be a major joke. But to just simply deny it? Looks like the old USSR days and system to me.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 10:37 am

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Greedy expats? That's a nice thing to say about the people who keep his economy running and ensure his people can get extortionate rent money paid annually in advance!

N.
His words, not mine. Maybe he's trying to mimic Saudi Arabia whom is now flatly denying that in the 1970's / 80's / 90's the country was actually built by western know how and skills. I can remember an old "Aramco expat" telling me. You know what really scares me? Not the mega amount of oil these Saudi's have, but what the world doesn't know? The mega amounts of uranium and other "goodies" just a few meters underground. That is what really scares me.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:12 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Not the mega amount of oil these Saudi's have, but what the world doesn't know? The mega amounts of uranium and other "goodies" just a few meters underground
Interesting article from 2007 here which suggests the deposits aren't as big as all that.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Interesting article from 2007 here which suggests the deposits aren't as big as all that.
Apparently big enough to shut down phase four and five of the Jubail City expansion. A.k.a. the Royal Commission Jubail. They hit the big "U" there mega according to Aramco insider info. Also it was rumored that in 1986 Aramco sub contractors found it in the Rub Al Khali (Empty Quarter) while searching for oil. Poor expats where sent home within a week. It's a well known fact Saudi Arabia keeps it's info on such discoveries on the back burners. It never liked the attention it drew.

Last edited by Dutchie; Aug 4th 2008 at 1:45 pm.