Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Potential Job

NEOM Potential Job

Old Jul 15th 2022, 7:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by thorshammer
Good point - I'm thinking from a single, in his early professional career standpoint. When you add a family, I can see the constraints add up real quick.
It's a great opportunity if it's right for someone, just be ready for an environment at work that's very, very different to anything anywhere else.
Old Jul 16th 2022, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

thorshammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Taurus85
Help Needed - I am worried about the qualification "verification process"

Background:
Did all interviews, got the offer, signed the contract, gave my notice...supposed to fly to Riyadh at the beginning of June.

I listed 4 qualifications in my CV:
1 - College (Degree) that I never finished (from 2004). Attended for 3 years, have transcripts for it and proof I did well while doing it.
2 - Diploma in Financial Trading for which I only have a copy (cannot find the original).
3 - College Degree in Finance (all good there, I have everything),
4 - Diploma in Procurement and Supply (Level 4) - For which I passed a few exams, but never completed. I wrote "To be completed" in front of it in my CV - Don't have any document to prove.

Question: Will I have a problem?

I am supposed to get this done after I arrive in Riyadh.
Did you not do the attestation until you arrived in Riyadh?
Old Jul 23rd 2022, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Thomk1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris79
Evening All,

Not been on here for a while but thought I'd ask the guru's!

I've been offered a job working on the new airport (one of many) they are building in Saudi at the NEOM Project. Is anyone else working there? What is it like, is it worth the massive payrise from the UK?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

hi Chris, how did this position turn out can I ask what field you were employed in? Looking to get out there myself, electrical background.

m cheers
Old Aug 30th 2022, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Ingk49 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi can anyone tell me if there are teenagers with families working on Neom The Line. I have read lots of posts about people with young kids but no teenagers. Our daughter is 15. Also does anyone know if the school on site is built and takes secondary kids.
Old Aug 30th 2022, 9:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingk49
Hi can anyone tell me if there are teenagers with families working on Neom The Line. I have read lots of posts about people with young kids but no teenagers. Our daughter is 15. Also does anyone know if the school on site is built and takes secondary kids.
It's not yet taking secondary age kids, believe it's planned to expand for them at some point, but we were told (also have a 15 yr old) that we'd be waiting a while.
Old Aug 30th 2022, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Ingk49 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's not yet taking secondary age kids, believe it's planned to expand for them at some point, but we were told (also have a 15 yr old) that we'd be waiting a while.
Thanks for your reply that's interesting. May I ask are you out there already? What school does your child attend?
Old Aug 30th 2022, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply that's interesting. May I ask are you out there already? What school does your child attend?
Hi, Our daughter is 13 and has been accepted in the school. From my understanding (We are not there yet but I travel in a couple of weeks) the current UK Year 8 (12-13 Year olds) Equivalent is the oldest and they will up the age each year - i.e. Year 7 was the highest year last year and year 9 will be the highest next year. Obviously this is just from our conversations and like everything will likely be 100% changed by tomorrow!! When originally talking to the school they did say that if my daughter was over this age they would enroll her onto a distance learning curriculum until they knew when she could start in person.
Old Aug 30th 2022, 12:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

No, we turned it down. We have two teens so it's not feasible for us to move there.
Old Aug 30th 2022, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

PMCWS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, are there any leads for project Management, Construction Management at Neom? Headhunters contacts?
Old Aug 30th 2022, 2:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by PMCWS
Hi, is there any leads for project Management, Construction Management at Neom? Headhunters contacts?
Just get yourself on LinkedIn and if you have skills they need, they'll find you on there. That's how the headhunters seem to be approaching people.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

apospark is an unknown quantity at this point

For the folks who have been there for over a year, have you actually received your on-target bonus and how onerous are targets (knowing that it probably differs by division)? Just received offer, but they didn't take into account my current employer's stock options (which I didn't expect them to do), but surprisingly didn't take into account my multi-year cash sign on bonuses. The offer, after uplift is basically the same base salary as my current salary, so I'll likely decline it; but they included the 30% bonus for total compensation calculations to make it look competitive.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

peterpipper12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone taking the recruitment assessment test? what's that like?
Old Sep 1st 2022, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

PMCWS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just get yourself on LinkedIn and if you have skills they need, they'll find you on there. That's how the headhunters seem to be approaching people.
Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2022, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Wagabond777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
I wish i had asked this too, but I am guessing total packages based off of info I know:

Manager - 35000 to 45000
Senior Manager - 45000 to 70000
Director - 70000 to 100000

Remember, they are basing them off previous salary, alot of people are moving from roles in the west where salaries are just average e.g. Northern England. If youre lucky youre moving from a Riyadh salary.

Example: Senior Manager in England earning £60k, with the 25% uplift they will be offered a total salary package of SAR 31,375 (based on £1 = SAR 5.02).

I dont know if they then uplift it into the salary range baed on the grade of the new role.
Hey, Zero cool, just clarifying that these salaries are monthly not annual. i can't believe these are annual as even director level top end would be 100,000 SAR to 26kUSD
Old Sep 4th 2022, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Wagabond777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

It's an amazing forum so thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences.

I have been contacted through a recruiter and have the following questions:

1) given its the ME and they can decide to sack you anytime, do employment contracts have anything related to termination payouts? e.g. normal practice is a 2,3,4 month payment for termination in lieu of notice?
2) I have read companies do background checks. what are checks for - standard employment checks? as in company, designation, and employment dates (any of these checks with your current employer? coz that jeopardises your current employment)
3) once you hand them your payslip and they give you a ~25% hike - is that how it works, do they check with your current HR? - Has anyone had any issues e.g. NEOM reneging on salary offer e.g. do they do a physical check of the documents when you land in KSA and only then its confirmed?
4) NC1 and NC2 - Is one better than the other?
5) 30 days annual leave, does this include weekends? some companies in the middle east count weekends too - generally these are excluding your weekly off's but just want to confir,
6) healthcare: what is the standard if you are based out of Sharma?

Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.