NEOM Potential Job

Old May 21st 2022, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

Originally Posted by Taurus85
Help Needed - I am worried about the qualification "verification process"

Background:
Did all interviews, got the offer, signed the contract, gave my notice...supposed to fly to Riyadh at the beginning of June.

I listed 4 qualifications in my CV:
1 - College (Degree) that I never finished (from 2004). Attended for 3 years, have transcripts for it and proof I did well while doing it.
2 - Diploma in Financial Trading for which I only have a copy (cannot find the original).
3 - College Degree in Finance (all good there, I have everything),
4 - Diploma in Procurement and Supply (Level 4) - For which I passed a few exams, but never completed. I wrote "To be completed" in front of it in my CV - Don't have any document to prove.

Question: Will I have a problem?

I am supposed to get this done after I arrive in Riyadh.
Hang on....I thought you were supposed to be starting with PIF soon? Unless you're doing a bit of moonlighting?

PIF - Interview Process and Timeframes

( I suspect you posted the above query in the wrong thread )

Last edited by psychopomp1; May 21st 2022 at 6:38 am.
Old May 21st 2022, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

OrangePeeler is an unknown quantity at this point

How's the remote working for people? Do you have to have been there for so many weeks before it's permitted? I've heard you can't work more than five days remotely, so are most people blistering it on to annual leave? Also, is there any carry forward for annual leave/remote working?
Old May 24th 2022, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Anshjo3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. We understand that Neom has the standard +20/25% salary increase policy in offering but does anyone know or can give us a ballpark average salary figure for a Senior Manager position (Grade 8 as per the job offer).

Thanks.
Old May 24th 2022, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OrangePeeler
How's the remote working for people? Do you have to have been there for so many weeks before it's permitted? I've heard you can't work more than five days remotely, so are most people blistering it on to annual leave? Also, is there any carry forward for annual leave/remote working?
24 remote working days per year, can only do 5 days at a time but can be added to start or end of vacation time.

No requirement to be here certain length of time.

10 days annual leave can be carried forward. No remote working days allowed to be carried forward.
Old May 24th 2022, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anshjo3
Hi. We understand that Neom has the standard +20/25% salary increase policy in offering but does anyone know or can give us a ballpark average salary figure for a Senior Manager position (Grade 8 as per the job offer).

Thanks.
80k is the figure floating around for senior manager.
Old May 26th 2022, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

wilosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
Is what it is, the money will be good because you won't spend anything.
You'll just have to be mindful of every long weekend in Dubai or Bahrain to not spend everything you've saved on beer and hookers.
LOL
Old May 26th 2022, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

wilosh is an unknown quantity at this point

probably about 80-90k /month +benifits
Old May 26th 2022, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

My grade 8 job offer isn’t as high as quoted here. I am coming from a lower paid salary than I would have if I worked in the capital and even had London job offers to show what I was capable of earning (which were significantly higher than what my current salary is).

however they still added 25% to my original salary and although it’s lower than the figures here (closer to M position than SM salary wise) they still gave me the SM title.

I believe a correction will be done down the line because I am lower paid for what I will be doing but they didn’t put me down to grade 7 and kept me to grade 8.

it might be the figures here quote the top end
and I’m at the lower end of the bandings.

Personally, I am more than comfortable with the salary offered but naturally always scope for more but don’t be surprised if your offer is lower particularly if you start from a lower base.

Last edited by Laguna_1; May 26th 2022 at 4:27 pm.
Old May 27th 2022, 7:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Laguna_1
I believe a correction will be done down the line.
:r ofl:

Old May 27th 2022, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

:r ofl:
haha yes it’s what the hiring director and recruiter told me but at same time I am probably better taking it with a pinch of salt.

I’ve worked for people in the uk where I have come in at a higher salary than my boss and tbh en they’ve been corrected in the next cycle. It explained why she was always pissed off st me in the first year and rode me hard. She only told me a couple of years later.

I was hoping it might be the same here but maybe not?
Old May 27th 2022, 11:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

haha yes it’s what the hiring director and recruiter told me but at same time I am probably better taking it with a pinch of salt.

I’ve worked for people in the uk where I have come in at a higher salary than my boss and tbh en they’ve been corrected in the next cycle. It explained why she was always pissed off st me in the first year and rode me hard. She only told me a couple of years later.

I was hoping it might be the same here but maybe not?
It's Saudi Arabia. If you don't come in with it signed and sealed, don't ever expect it to happen.

If you land in Saudi with a promise, you'll get a sandy dildo jabbed up your backside and they'll stare blankly at you when you tell them you were expecting a 'great increase' not a 'grated arsehole'.
Old May 27th 2022, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

It's Saudi Arabia. If you don't come in with it signed and sealed, don't ever expect it to happen.

If you land in Saudi with a promise, you'll get a sandy dildo jabbed up your backside and they'll stare blankly at you when you tell them you were expecting a 'great increase' not a 'grated arsehole'.
😂😂😂 this made me LOL

appreciate the advice scamp
Old May 30th 2022, 7:12 am
Account Closed

😂😂😂 this made me LOL

appreciate the advice scamp
It may be a little blunt but there's an awful lot of people coming to the region who haven't worked here before. If you're told you'll get something in writing, you've got a chance of getting it - that's the best way of looking at it.

Old Jun 7th 2022, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

TheXLegenD7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,
In the middle of avril i have passed two interview with a hire manager and another manager from the team, the hire manager told he that i have been selected for the position and the HR will reach me soon!
after two week the hire manager asked if u had been contacted by HR I said to him not yet, and after two weeks he asked me again i told him not yet, he told me to inform him once HR contacted me, and they have been some issue regarding HR process, and he pushing them

last week i asked him if there’s anything new with HR he told he still waiting for the feedback from HR!
Its this normal, its now more than 6 week and I haven’t been reached by HR, even the hire manager told he is pushing HR from his side !!!

should i worry about this, or should just wait ?!
Old Jun 7th 2022, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheXLegenD7
Hello All,
In the middle of avril i have passed two interview with a hire manager and another manager from the team, the hire manager told he that i have been selected for the position and the HR will reach me soon!
after two week the hire manager asked if u had been contacted by HR I said to him not yet, and after two weeks he asked me again i told him not yet, he told me to inform him once HR contacted me, and they have been some issue regarding HR process, and he pushing them

last week i asked him if there’s anything new with HR he told he still waiting for the feedback from HR!
Its this normal, its now more than 6 week and I haven’t been reached by HR, even the hire manager told he is pushing HR from his side !!!

should i worry about this, or should just wait ?!
I started the process in January, the second interview was in February. In March they told me they wanted to move forward. No news until April, when they asked me if I have received the offer from HR, I said no. Yesterday they called me to request a new interview... I'm so pissed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.