Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Potential Job

NEOM Potential Job

Old Apr 12th 2022, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Farhan28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Potential Job

The whole process from degree attestation to visa issue was 9 weeks for me. They had someone off sick at Saudi embassy so took little longer than usual
Old Apr 12th 2022, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Farhan28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chookie1
Hi , I am in the same position, I have my visa but no information on flights, I am looking to go from Scotland, the onboarder has gone quiet again
I just PMd you
Old Apr 13th 2022, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone had to send the degree attestation to Saudi Cultural Attaché in Berlin (specific for Germany and the nordic countries I believe)?

Care to share the lead time you guys had for that to be completed?
Old Apr 14th 2022, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chookie1
Hi , I am in the same position, I have my visa but no information on flights, I am looking to go from Scotland, the onboarder has gone quiet again
Who is your onboarder??

NEOM onboarding is diabolical.... They honestly should be embarrassed with the 'service' they provide....
Old Apr 14th 2022, 10:36 am
Just Joined

chookie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Who is your onboarder??

NEOM onboarding is diabolical.... They honestly should be embarrassed with the 'service' they provide....
Hi , my onboarder is <snip>, she has been very good so far just a little slow in some responses. I managed to get her yesterday and agreed to fly out next Saturday so I am now waiting on someone booking flights

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 14th 2022 at 1:43 pm. Reason: Sorry, but I don't think it's ok to put a third party's name on a public forum without their permission.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Rossi624 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

just had my first interview - went well except for one question that stumped me at that moment. Of course after the interview the answer came straight to me. Anyone shed some light on how strict they are on interviews? If you made an error on a technical question for example would they immediately scrap you?
thanks
Old Apr 19th 2022, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

BenMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rossi624
Hi all,

just had my first interview - went well except for one question that stumped me at that moment. Of course after the interview the answer came straight to me. Anyone shed some light on how strict they are on interviews? If you made an error on a technical question for example would they immediately scrap you?
thanks
Hi Rossi,
I wouldn't worry about it. The interviews in my opinion are not strict at all and are very relaxed. I got stuck on a technical question too but still progressed to the next stage. It seems to me that as long you have a good/broad understanding of the area you are applying to and you tick the cultural fit box then you are in for a good shout. I must warn you though that the process is very very long, do not be phased if you are having to wait weeks/months between each stage.
Good luck!
Old Apr 19th 2022, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BenMcD
Hi Rossi,
I wouldn't worry about it. The interviews in my opinion are not strict at all and are very relaxed. I got stuck on a technical question too but still progressed to the next stage. It seems to me that as long you have a good/broad understanding of the area you are applying to and you tick the cultural fit box then you are in for a good shout. I must warn you though that the process is very very long, do not be phased if you are having to wait weeks/months between each stage.
Good luck!
thanks Ben, appreciate you getting back to me. Ok that sounds good, always the worst waiting between stages! They’ve told me I’ll find out in a week but I won’t hold my breath
thanks
Old Apr 20th 2022, 6:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Rossi624
Hi all,

thanks
They physically cannot hire quickly enough, not just for the new roles they've created but for the attrition as well.

If you can blink, breathe and cope with living remotely, you're getting an offer.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 2:11 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
They physically cannot hire quickly enough, not just for the new roles they've created but for the attrition as well.

If you can blink, breathe and cope with living remotely, you're getting an offer.
​​​​​​ Haha, reminds me of job interviews in Bangkok.
You've got a pulse, you're breathing, YOU'VE GOT THE JOB!
Old Apr 20th 2022, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Haha let’s hope the camera didn’t freeze with my eyes open for the whole time then!
thanks for the replies, appreciate it - just the long wait to hear back now, always hated waiting

Thanks
Old Apr 21st 2022, 6:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
​​​​​​ Haha, reminds me of job interviews in Bangkok.
You've got a pulse, you're breathing, YOU'VE GOT THE JOB!
Tabuk or Bangkok.

Whilst incredibly difficult, I reckon the latter pips it. Just.
Old Apr 24th 2022, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

frenzeee is an unknown quantity at this point

New member here, though I have been researching this board top to bottom for a couple of weeks since I was contacted for a position. Very useful info here and I have learned a lot, so thanks to everyone for that.

Apparantly a job offer is about to happen. So quick couple questions that I haven't seen, or missed:

1) how does the phone allowance work? (position is Director level).
2) is there a mad rush for limited seats on flights when there is weekend, public holiday etc? How easy or difficult is that situation?
3) what chat apps are allowed eg fb messenger, whatsapp, telegram etc?

TIA

Last edited by frenzeee; Apr 25th 2022 at 1:13 am.
Old Apr 25th 2022, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frenzeee
New member here, though I have been researching this board top to bottom for a couple of weeks since I was contacted for a position. Very useful info here and I have learned a lot, so thanks to everyone for that.

Apparantly a job offer is about to happen. So quick couple questions that I haven't seen, or missed:

1) how does the phone allowance work? (position is Director level).
Nothing to see here. You just get this paid into your account each month. You organise your own phone and/or SIM and pay what you want for it. ie you choose the package you want etc
2) is there a mad rush for limited seats on flights when there is weekend, public holiday etc? How easy or difficult is that situation?
Yes, there is a pretty mad rush for flights out of here right now for the Eid break. That's not to say that anyone missed out, its just busy in the travel agency in the office if you want to sit with them to book anything.
3) what chat apps are allowed eg fb messenger, whatsapp, telegram etc?
Everything is available.

TIA

See Above
Old May 11th 2022, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Ancs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
First thing is, I think you will be separated for a while at the beginning, i.e. you will come and they will join you later. Unless you are very senior and get a cabin in NC2, which is at the moment, even directors arent getting.

I think you also have to get your iqama first, before your wife and daughters can get theirs, which can take some time. You will be coming on a work visit visa, and obtaining your iqama while here, so most of the leg work is done thankfully. People who came on business visas last year are still waiting on their iqama.

I havent seen the school, I have seen some families in NC1 with kids, and a few families in NC2, but mainly with infant children.

I have heard that the school is not up to standard yet, but I dont know from personal experience. There are reports of people taking their kids out of the school, but again, I dont have any personal experience.

Most people here have left their partners and kids at home, and wouldnt bring them here.

Hopefully someone comes along with first hand experience soon. It is a big decision to come here, I couldnt imagine having to make the decision with the added weight of bringing partner and children.
What is the possibility that I will be able to find a good position in NEOM given that my husband has been offered a job there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.