Reload this Page >

Neom medical for visa

Neom medical for visa

Old May 14th 2022, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

katy611 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Neom medical for visa

Hi everyone

I have just accepted a job in Neom, I take anti-depressants and am concerned about this having an impact on being granted a visa.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Is it better to disclose this at the medical, or will this prevent me getting a visa, or bringing a month's supply of the medication to Saudi and going to see a local doctor there to get repeat prescriptions?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 14th 2022, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Leela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neom medical for visa

Originally Posted by katy611
Hi everyone

I have just accepted a job in Neom, I take anti-depressants and am concerned about this having an impact on being granted a visa.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Is it better to disclose this at the medical, or will this prevent me getting a visa, or bringing a month's supply of the medication to Saudi and going to see a local doctor there to get repeat prescriptions?

Thanks in advance!
To get the Work Visa it is only required to provide an official medical certificate signed by a registered doctor in which he/she indicates that you are negative for infectious diseases (HIV HBV, HCV). So you need blood analyses and then, if negative, the OMC.

Regarding the anti-depressants, etc. this information is only required by Neom for medical care/insurance issues.
Old May 14th 2022, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katy611
Hi everyone

Thanks in advance!
I wouldnt think it will have any impact. Medical is only blood test for diseases, and chest x ray.

I dont know if you will be able to get a repeat prescription here, some medications are not prescribed here. Best to do some good research.
Old May 15th 2022, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm scheduled to do my medical soon, and was given a form for the doctor to sign. The following are written on the form:

"History of any significant past illness including:
- Psychiatric and neurological disorders (epilepsy, depression)
- Allergy"

"To be fit all medical examination and laboratory investigations should be within normal limits. The medical report and x-ray should be submitted to the health authorities in Saudi Arabia."

Then the following tests to be conducted by the doctor:
Medical examinations
EYE (vision)
EAR
CHEST X-RAY (free of pathological changes)
SYSTEMIC EXAMINATION (blood pressure, heart, lungs etc)
VENEREAL DISEASES
LAB tests
Urine (sugar, albumin, bilharziasis, others)
Stool (helminthes, bilharziasis, salmonella/shigella, v. cholera, others)
Blood (hemoglobin, malaria film, others)
Serology (HIV, F.B.S, HBsAg/Anti HCV, L.F.T, creatinine. urea)
Pregnancy test

My question is - this seems to be a very thourough examination. Does ALL examination apply? Those of you who did it already, what did you have to do?
And also, did you have to provide the actual results of the lab exams (thinking if I should request the actual lab results in print or the signature of the doctor on the results are enough?)
Old May 16th 2022, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gulf_European
I'm scheduled to do my medical soon, and was given a form for the doctor to sign. The following are written on the form:

"History of any significant past illness including:
- Psychiatric and neurological disorders (epilepsy, depression)
- Allergy"

"To be fit all medical examination and laboratory investigations should be within normal limits. The medical report and x-ray should be submitted to the health authorities in Saudi Arabia."

Then the following tests to be conducted by the doctor:
Medical examinations
EYE (vision)
EAR
CHEST X-RAY (free of pathological changes)
SYSTEMIC EXAMINATION (blood pressure, heart, lungs etc)
VENEREAL DISEASES
LAB tests
Urine (sugar, albumin, bilharziasis, others)
Stool (helminthes, bilharziasis, salmonella/shigella, v. cholera, others)
Blood (hemoglobin, malaria film, others)
Serology (HIV, F.B.S, HBsAg/Anti HCV, L.F.T, creatinine. urea)
Pregnancy test

My question is - this seems to be a very thourough examination. Does ALL examination apply? Those of you who did it already, what did you have to do?
And also, did you have to provide the actual results of the lab exams (thinking if I should request the actual lab results in print or the signature of the doctor on the results are enough?)

Yes, they do all the tests required and need to have a report that addresses each element listed on the medical form.
You can get the report if you choose to do so. I have mine.
Old May 16th 2022, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Yes, they do all the tests required and need to have a report that addresses each element listed on the medical form.
You can get the report if you choose to do so. I have mine.
Did you have to do the stool sample even? Maybe just me, but find giving stool sample a bit uncomfortable (for obvious reasons lol )
Old May 16th 2022, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gulf_European
Did you have to do the stool sample even?
Really? Never given a stool sample before. Do you have to provide it at the clinic? not sure I can "provide" on demand?