British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Neom medical for visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/neom-medical-visa-943977/)

katy611 May 14th 2022 4:33 pm

Neom medical for visa

Hi everyone

I have just accepted a job in Neom, I take anti-depressants and am concerned about this having an impact on being granted a visa.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Is it better to disclose this at the medical, or will this prevent me getting a visa, or bringing a month's supply of the medication to Saudi and going to see a local doctor there to get repeat prescriptions?

Thanks in advance!

Leela May 14th 2022 4:56 pm

Re: Neom medical for visa

Originally Posted by katy611 (Post 13114842)
Hi everyone

I have just accepted a job in Neom, I take anti-depressants and am concerned about this having an impact on being granted a visa.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Is it better to disclose this at the medical, or will this prevent me getting a visa, or bringing a month's supply of the medication to Saudi and going to see a local doctor there to get repeat prescriptions?

Thanks in advance!

To get the Work Visa it is only required to provide an official medical certificate signed by a registered doctor in which he/she indicates that you are negative for infectious diseases (HIV HBV, HCV). So you need blood analyses and then, if negative, the OMC.

Regarding the anti-depressants, etc. this information is only required by Neom for medical care/insurance issues.

ZeroCool_HTP May 14th 2022 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by katy611 (Post 13114842)
Hi everyone

Thanks in advance!

I wouldnt think it will have any impact. Medical is only blood test for diseases, and chest x ray.

I dont know if you will be able to get a repeat prescription here, some medications are not prescribed here. Best to do some good research.

Gulf_European May 15th 2022 8:11 pm

I'm scheduled to do my medical soon, and was given a form for the doctor to sign. The following are written on the form:

"History of any significant past illness including:
- Psychiatric and neurological disorders (epilepsy, depression)
- Allergy"

"To be fit all medical examination and laboratory investigations should be within normal limits. The medical report and x-ray should be submitted to the health authorities in Saudi Arabia."

Then the following tests to be conducted by the doctor:
Medical examinations
EYE (vision)
EAR
CHEST X-RAY (free of pathological changes)
SYSTEMIC EXAMINATION (blood pressure, heart, lungs etc)
VENEREAL DISEASES
LAB tests
Urine (sugar, albumin, bilharziasis, others)
Stool (helminthes, bilharziasis, salmonella/shigella, v. cholera, others)
Blood (hemoglobin, malaria film, others)
Serology (HIV, F.B.S, HBsAg/Anti HCV, L.F.T, creatinine. urea)
Pregnancy test

My question is - this seems to be a very thourough examination. Does ALL examination apply? Those of you who did it already, what did you have to do?
And also, did you have to provide the actual results of the lab exams (thinking if I should request the actual lab results in print or the signature of the doctor on the results are enough?)

Pkingston May 16th 2022 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Gulf_European (Post 13115151)
I'm scheduled to do my medical soon, and was given a form for the doctor to sign. The following are written on the form:

"History of any significant past illness including:
- Psychiatric and neurological disorders (epilepsy, depression)
- Allergy"

"To be fit all medical examination and laboratory investigations should be within normal limits. The medical report and x-ray should be submitted to the health authorities in Saudi Arabia."

Then the following tests to be conducted by the doctor:
Medical examinations
EYE (vision)
EAR
CHEST X-RAY (free of pathological changes)
SYSTEMIC EXAMINATION (blood pressure, heart, lungs etc)
VENEREAL DISEASES
LAB tests
Urine (sugar, albumin, bilharziasis, others)
Stool (helminthes, bilharziasis, salmonella/shigella, v. cholera, others)
Blood (hemoglobin, malaria film, others)
Serology (HIV, F.B.S, HBsAg/Anti HCV, L.F.T, creatinine. urea)
Pregnancy test

My question is - this seems to be a very thourough examination. Does ALL examination apply? Those of you who did it already, what did you have to do?
And also, did you have to provide the actual results of the lab exams (thinking if I should request the actual lab results in print or the signature of the doctor on the results are enough?)

Yes, they do all the tests required and need to have a report that addresses each element listed on the medical form.
You can get the report if you choose to do so. I have mine.

Gulf_European May 16th 2022 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Pkingston (Post 13115216)
Yes, they do all the tests required and need to have a report that addresses each element listed on the medical form.
You can get the report if you choose to do so. I have mine.

Did you have to do the stool sample even? Maybe just me, but find giving stool sample a bit uncomfortable (for obvious reasons lol :p )

Evilbungle May 16th 2022 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Gulf_European (Post 13115235)
Did you have to do the stool sample even?

Really? Never given a stool sample before. Do you have to provide it at the clinic? not sure I can "provide" on demand?