British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   NEOM leave (annual and remote) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/neom-leave-annual-remote-943220/)

Duncan1970 Mar 20th 2022 5:31 am

NEOM leave (annual and remote)

Hi All

Neom are now advertising positions as 30 days annual leave plus 24 days remote leave allowance

Does anyone have any direct experience with this?

ie is it 54 days in total (or is there a catch)

cheers

Duncan

ZeroCool_HTP Mar 20th 2022 7:08 am

Re: NEOM leave (annual and remote)

Originally Posted by Duncan1970 (Post 13102446)
Hi All

Neom are now advertising positions as 30 days annual leave plus 24 days remote leave allowance

cheers

Duncan

Its exactly as it says. There is also 12 public holidays. 2 x eid @ 5 days each plus saudi founding day and saudi national day.

Leela Mar 20th 2022 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Duncan1970 (Post 13102446)
Hi All

cheers

Duncan

​​​​​It is 30 d/year of holidays and 24 d/year of remote working. So you can extend your stay when you return at home on holidays or wherever you decide to spend those resting days. But you will have to work from home the same as if you were in the office.

Gulf_European Mar 26th 2022 9:53 pm

One thing to note is you can only take 5 consecutive remote days at a time. So you won't be able to work from home/abroad for the full 24 days at once.

katy611 May 14th 2022 4:35 pm

Does anyone know if the annual leave accrues monthly so it can't be taken for a good few months after starting? What about probation period, is it six months?

ZeroCool_HTP May 14th 2022 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by katy611 (Post 13114843)
Does anyone know if the annual leave accrues monthly so it can't be taken for a good few months after starting? What about probation period, is it six months?

Its calculated at the start of your employment for the rest of the year Jan - Dec, so you can take your pro rata allowance whenever.

Probation is 3 months.

NewToNeom Aug 25th 2022 1:58 pm

I had a call with HR recruitment today and they told me the same thing. I don’t know if the annual leave is 30 calendar days or 30 working days though. I got stung with that before in Dubai once :(

also they didn’t mention the 75k relocation allowance I heard others mention- maybe they don’t offer it to single people?

ZeroCool_HTP Aug 25th 2022 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by NewToNeom (Post 13136850)
I had a call with HR recruitment today and they told me the same thing. I don’t know if the annual leave is 30 calendar days or 30 working days though. I got stung with that before in Dubai once :(

also they didn’t mention the 75k relocation allowance I heard others mention- maybe they don’t offer it to single people?

Its 30 working days, and you get 75k as long as you are moving from outside KSA, doesnt matter if single or not.

mnawaz Aug 25th 2022 10:49 pm

Thank you, I'm also curious if this amount is also given to SMP (Supplemental Man Power) employees? I'm joining through a SMP company working for Neom.

ZeroCool_HTP Aug 26th 2022 7:26 am

Originally Posted by mnawaz (Post 13136939)
Thank you, I'm also curious if this amount is also given to SMP (Supplemental Man Power) employees? I'm joining through a SMP company working for Neom.

I am not totally sure about this, I think its fairly similar.

benzonar Aug 26th 2022 8:26 am

Originally Posted by mnawaz (Post 13136939)

I believe as SMP you get all your visa costs reimbursed and they arrange a flight - but you don’t get the 75k relocation.

mnawaz Aug 26th 2022 6:45 pm

Thank you both, much appreciated.

NewToNeom Aug 26th 2022 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP (Post 13136896)
Its 30 working days, and you get 75k as long as you are moving from outside KSA, doesnt matter if single or not.

great thanks for clarifying that!
let’s see how my interview goes next week 🤞

Evilbungle Aug 30th 2022 10:26 am

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 13137014)
I believe as SMP you get all your visa costs reimbursed and they arrange a flight - but you don’t get the 75k relocation.

Yes this is correct, Halfway through my onboarding they got confused with my joining directly and informed me that as SMP they would pay Visa and Flights only. (Luckily they then realized they were wrong and switched me back to direct.)

apospark Aug 31st 2022 4:22 pm

Are there sick days (e.g. if you're out with a bad cold), or is that coming out of the 30 days?