Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Job Offer Details

NEOM Job Offer Details

Old Mar 15th 2023, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

I'm afraid I don't really have anything to add other than you should probably reach out to your recruiter.

For me, I had an interview with my future line manager in late Jan, then a second with his line manager a few days later. Feedback came from the recruiter later that day, or maybe the next and was that they wanted to offer so I submitted my proof of income. Got a verbal offer a day or two later, then the formal offer in writing after a week(ish). I didn't really notice the changes in status on the hiring portal as it all happened pretty fast and my recruiter was really good at keeping me in the loop.

It sounds like you're at the part where they are working out the offer and making sure it fits within the range for the role and grade that you've applied for.

As I say, your recruiter will have direct links to NEOM HR and so they are they best people to ask about your specific situation. Wouldn't suggest going direct to HR (if you even have contact details) as they're working on potentially hundreds if not thousands of people at the same time. Your recruiter has a vested interest in progressing as they need to get their commission - use that to your advantage!
Old Mar 15th 2023, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Baghdadeya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cancerz90
Well, I am writing after getting a shock about the dates that you've mentioned.
I had only One interview with the hiring manager early January 2023, and then there was a salary/benefit briefing from one of the recruitment firms mid January . After that I received a couple of emails from HR for uploading the documents. The job status shows 'UNDER OFFER' since 1st Feb 2023. The "UNDER OFFER" date has changed to 5th March 2023 now....and I am starting to get a bit less hopeful about what is going on....
I was starting to get a bit disappointed until I saw your dates. Thats around 16 months of pure grit from Interview to landing in Neom. From reading general comments in the threads, it seems 4-8 months is average range from interview to landing, but your 16 months beats everyone I guess.

If you have any suggestions for me to coping up with such a situation please let me know :P
lots of us are in the same boat.. I am too.. all the checks and verifications were done super quickly and the offer issued but now it stalled because of accommodation and schooling..
Old Mar 15th 2023, 11:29 am
Just Joined

cancerz90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I have no offer issued in written as yet, as I know (reading from other threads), a written offer arrives after the status on portal changes from 'Under offer' to "IN OFFER". Since you already have the written offer and all the checks done, I believe you will be going there anytime soon (I mean as soon as the accomodations are ready)
Old Mar 15th 2023, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Well, I have no offer issued in written as yet, as I know (reading from other threads), a written offer arrives after the status on portal changes from 'Under offer' to "IN OFFER". Since you already have the written offer and all the checks done, I believe you will be going there anytime soon (I mean as soon as the accomodations are ready)
well I got told not to sign the offer until the issues are sorted which is fair.. so now it’s a waiting game.. all the best with yours too!!
Old Mar 15th 2023, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Well I hope that whatever stage I am internally (neom perspective) I cross that stage, its good to know that everything happened quickly for you. I believe there is still a lot of time (if it has to happen) as I havent reached the "WRITTEN OFFER" and "CHECKS" stage as yet.

There are only a couple of encouraging things for me - 1. After reading thread details from other people - "Under offer" means the offer has been initiated and is pending approvals at relevant stages of HR. same was communicated to me by the hiring manager in mid Feb.
2. I havent received an email of regret from NEOM HR as yet :P

So either I am in between point 1 and 2. or either I will cross the under offer stage to "In offer" (which means a written offer will be communicated). All I can say is the "Written Offer" stage and passing the background checks are a better position to be in, as you know you will be in NEOM one day sooner or later.

Personally, I am still in awe, that 'banksoboy' had a time of 16 months from interview to landing......irrespective of the position

Old Mar 15th 2023, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Baghdadeya
well I got told not to sign the offer until the issues are sorted which is fair.. so now it’s a waiting game.. all the best with yours too!!
Offer letter issued, but you still can not sign it and upload it? NEOM HR is coming up with 'NEVER SEEN BEFORE' solutions :P for a 'NEVER SEEN BEFORE' project xD
Old Mar 15th 2023, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Baghdadeya No offence...Good luck and all the best!!! I hope we land up there sooner than we think.
Old Mar 15th 2023, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Baghdadeya No offence...Good luck and all the best!!! I hope we land up there sooner than we think.
me too.. it’s a super exciting project and it would be great to be part of it when the right time comes.. all the best to you too!
Old Mar 15th 2023, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Offer letter issued, but you still can not sign it and upload it? NEOM HR is coming up with 'NEVER SEEN BEFORE' solutions :P for a 'NEVER SEEN BEFORE' project xD
I feel for them because it’s a huge project which is something they’ve never had to deliver before, Dubai is the only city who’s had to deal with mega projects like these and probably not in the same scale and required duration, so they’re still trying to find their feet as we say.. I don’t know what the expat population is there now but they were suggesting about 100,000 employees to complete the project! So lots of growth and opportunities still! They’re just hand tied with the whole logistic thing which is a shame! I work for a global organisation now and the first thing we always think about is mobility..
Old Mar 16th 2023, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think banskoboy means he landed in NEOM in November 2022, which is a process of five months only from July 2022. Not bad and expected probably.
Old Mar 16th 2023, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Just an update on my interview process, I received a confirmation email for a second interview next week with the hiring manager's boss i.e. in case of a hire, the potential boss's boss. Interestingly, I can see NEOM readvertised the same job yesterday so not sure if they aren't happy with my skills why do they need a second interview and if they are why readvertising the role which apparently means they are expanding the candidates pool.

Last edited by Sam1980; Mar 16th 2023 at 6:01 am.
Old Mar 16th 2023, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sam1980
Just an update on my interview process, I received a confirmation email for a second interview next week with the hiring manager's boss. Interestingly, I can see NEOM readvertised the same job yesterday so not sure if they aren't happy with my skills why do they need a second interview and if they are why readvertising the role which apparently means they are expanding the candidates pool.
do you mind me asking what the role is? Don’t forget they have 3 mega projects under the NEOM cloud so it could be for the other projects.. also knowing how they operate from what I’ve seen, if they’re not convinced you’re suitable they wouldn’t waste their time or yours with a second interview.. so be positive and all the best 😊
Old Mar 16th 2023, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

do you mind me asking what the role is? Don’t forget they have 3 mega projects under the NEOM cloud so it could be for the other projects.. also knowing how they operate from what I’ve seen, if they’re not convinced you’re suitable they wouldn’t waste their time or yours with a second interview.. so be positive and all the best 😊
Thanks Baghdadeya. Yes staying positive but readvertising is not a good sign haha. Its a Sustainability Manager role and the readvertisement is for the same team, same role, same everything I am interviewing for.
Old Mar 16th 2023, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sam1980
Thanks Baghdadeya. Yes staying positive but readvertising is not a good sign haha. Its a Sustainability Manager role and the readvertisement is for the same team, same role, same everything I am interviewing for.
just ask them at your second interview.. it’ll show you’re following the team and you’re keen!
Old Mar 16th 2023, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

just ask them at your second interview.. it’ll show you’re following the team and you’re keen!
May also show that you're paranoid...........................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.