Reload this Page >

NEOM Job Offer Details

NEOM Job Offer Details

Old Mar 5th 2023, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Webby1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by M.holt
Is 58k Saudi riyal a month Fair offer for a Managers grade.(185k USD PER YEAR).
I always recommend to consider how it fits for the individual. If you are currently earning the equivalent in a comfy environment after deductions then it would not be a good move. If however it would make a significant difference to your income and you accept to come and live in a remote community then it would be worthwhile considering.
Just my personal outlook on how I approach the question.
Old Mar 5th 2023, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

M.holt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Webby1966
I always recommend to consider how it fits for the individual. If you are currently earning the equivalent in a comfy environment after deductions then it would not be a good move. If however it would make a significant difference to your income and you accept to come and live in a remote community then it would be worthwhile considering.
Just my personal outlook on how I approach the question.
Thanks Webby, its a good way to look at it.
Despite the remoteness are there all amenities and a good community ,i.e. reasonable social life at present?
Old Mar 8th 2023, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

When can we expect to hear back from NEOM hiring manager? I had an interview 2 days back, felt I did good but who knows. I want to know when do they usually give feedback? Thanks.
Old Mar 9th 2023, 3:05 am
Just Joined

aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
What is the position you have applied for? If you've applied for, and been offered a Grade 7 role, then not sure what the issue is. If you've applied for a Grade 9 role, then i think your recruiter has some work to do!

There is a massive difference in pay between Grade 7 (Manager) and 9 (Director)... Upwards of 40k-50k SAR per month difference...
I guess my issue is the whole 25% uplift concept and the notion of title being tied to your pay. I wasn't aware of the bands associated with the grades at the time (in fact, I didn't even know there were grades until coming across this forum), only the 25% uplift that the recruiter stated. So it seems that 1) the adjustment of level/role based on previous pay is not automatic and 2) the 25% increment (or any increment) is also not automatic.

That being said, I'll just accept what's offered. It'll be a pay cut and a role/level lower than what I'm currently doing, but my family is keen on the experience and so am I. That's the price to pay I suppose.
Old Mar 10th 2023, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Webby1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by M.holt
Thanks Webby, its a good way to look at it.
Despite the remoteness are there all amenities and a good community ,i.e. reasonable social life at present?
To answer the question there is an abundance of great amenities, both sporting:- Tennis, volleyball, Basketball, Gym, etc to name a few as well as recreational: snooker tables, pool tables, Table Tennis, Dartboards etc. There is even a cinema area showing 1 movie per week.
locally, there are clubs, for hiking, diving, climbing etc, some stunning scenery and the possibility to hop over to Jordan by shared taxi on a weekend if you are missing the bars. I personally find it very well equipped all in all.
Old Mar 12th 2023, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I just want to share that I followed up with the hiring manger on the role I was interviewed for last week. He advised that as it is a critical role they need to review more candidates and also told me there would be 2 more rounds of interviews and if any questions/answers are required I should contact the recruitment manager.

I want to ask if anyone knows what the 2nd and 3rd interviews would involve if I am lucky to progress to that stage?

Thanks
Old Mar 14th 2023, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

banskoboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Interested to know what kind of role requires 3 interviews......I did one and that was it (July 2022 interview, November 2023 I was in NEOM).
Old Mar 15th 2023, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Baghdadeya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam1980
Hi All,

I just want to share that I followed up with the hiring manger on the role I was interviewed for last week. He advised that as it is a critical role they need to review more candidates and also told me there would be 2 more rounds of interviews and if any questions/answers are required I should contact the recruitment manager.

I want to ask if anyone knows what the 2nd and 3rd interviews would involve if I am lucky to progress to that stage?

Thanks
I did two interviews for a senior manager role.. but now told there’s no accommodation for families or places in daycare and to wait until things change..
Old Mar 15th 2023, 5:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Baghdadeya
I did two interviews for a senior manager role.. but now told there’s no accommodation for families or places in daycare and to wait until things change..
Do they mean wait on something else later (another role) or wait to bring your family?
Old Mar 15th 2023, 5:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by banskoboy
Interested to know what kind of role requires 3 interviews......I did one and that was it (July 2022 interview, November 2023 I was in NEOM).
I had three interviews as well.
Old Mar 15th 2023, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aussieaggie
Do they mean wait on something else later (another role) or wait to bring your family?
no basically wait until the accommodation issue and schooling is sorted.. so basically the recruitment is on hold because I told them from the start I had a family then after offering me the position they said single status..
Old Mar 15th 2023, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently, there is no accommodation and school enrollments have been put on hold for the foreseeable future.
Family cabins will be ready at the end of 2024.
Old Mar 15th 2023, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Baghdadeya
no basically wait until the accommodation issue and schooling is sorted.. so basically the recruitment is on hold because I told them from the start I had a family then after offering me the position they said single status..
Thanks for clarifying. Are they basically holding a role for you or will you have to apply for something else, asPkingston noted, that's basically two years away or so?
Old Mar 15th 2023, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aussieaggie
Thanks for clarifying. Are they basically holding a role for you or will you have to apply for something else, asPkingston noted, that's basically two years away or so?
all I’ve been told is to just wait until they get back to me with updates. They’re looking at options for everyone not just me.. obviously it will be a while but things can change overnight as they said..
Old Mar 15th 2023, 10:55 am
Just Joined

cancerz90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by banskoboy
Well, I am writing after getting a shock about the dates that you've mentioned.
I had only One interview with the hiring manager early January 2023, and then there was a salary/benefit briefing from one of the recruitment firms mid January . After that I received a couple of emails from HR for uploading the documents. The job status shows 'UNDER OFFER' since 1st Feb 2023. The "UNDER OFFER" date has changed to 5th March 2023 now....and I am starting to get a bit less hopeful about what is going on....
I was starting to get a bit disappointed until I saw your dates. Thats around 16 months of pure grit from Interview to landing in Neom. From reading general comments in the threads, it seems 4-8 months is average range from interview to landing, but your 16 months beats everyone I guess.

If you have any suggestions for me to coping up with such a situation please let me know :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.