Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM Job Offer Details

NEOM Job Offer Details

Old Feb 2nd 2023, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Smart11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Hello, in the offer letter they have split the salary payable amount into basic salary , housing allowance, transportation allowance, mobile allowance. So we get only the basic amount in our bank and the remaining is for housing and transportation? Or do we get the whole amount into our bank monthly?
Old Feb 2nd 2023, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Faridafaris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

You get the whole amount to your bank account
Old Feb 2nd 2023, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Faridafaris
Hello,

You get the whole amount to your bank account
thanks Faridafarris, so what about the accommodation and transportation? Is that free at Neom?
Old Feb 3rd 2023, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smart11
thanks Faridafarris, so what about the accommodation and transportation? Is that free at Neom?
Accomodation, food from the dining hall, and the shuttles around NC1 and the regular buses are free.
Food from the mini market, retailers like Dunkin or the markets, and car rentals are not.
Old Feb 3rd 2023, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BMH77
Accomodation, food from the dining hall, and the shuttles around NC1 and the regular buses are free.
Food from the mini market, retailers like Dunkin or the markets, and car rentals are not.
Thanks BMH77, i have another question. The people who come from UK, Canada or US, do they have to pay taxes to their countries when they work in Saudi Arabia? Because if I am paying taxes to my country of origin then its not a big difference from my existing salary. I was wondering if it is worth going there.
Old Feb 3rd 2023, 9:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BMH77, i have another question. The people who come from UK, Canada or US, do they have to pay taxes to their countries when they work in Saudi Arabia? Because if I am paying taxes to my country of origin then its not a big difference from my existing salary. I was wondering if it is worth going there.
Depends on the country and their tax rules, the US does tax on worldwide income AFAIK, the UK doesn't. No idea on Canada. If you can be more specific about which country then somebody may be able to help.
Old Feb 3rd 2023, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Faridafaris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Depends on the country and their tax rules, the US does tax on worldwide income AFAIK, the UK doesn't. No idea on Canada. If you can be more specific about which country then somebody may be able to help.
and Australia please, should we pay tax also?
Old Feb 3rd 2023, 10:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Faridafaris
and Australia please, should we pay tax also?
Not a clue I'm afraid. Best to ask in the Oz forum, there will be folks there that will know the tax rules.
Old Feb 3rd 2023, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I'm american and have lived and worked in 3 countries so far.. I can assure you the best thing I pay for each year is to have an accountant in the US do my filings and ensure I am on the right side of the IRS.
As far as whether or not it is worth it, sorry, but that's probably just between you, your family, and a detailed spreadsheet.
Good luck!
Old Feb 4th 2023, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Hey I'm american and have lived and worked in 3 countries so far.. I can assure you the best thing I pay for each year is to have an accountant in the US do my filings and ensure I am on the right side of the IRS.
As far as whether or not it is worth it, sorry, but that's probably just between you, your family, and a detailed spreadsheet.
Good luck!
thanks bmh77, another question, in my offer letter there is no mention of two domestic flights per month. Should I ask Neom to revise my offer letter because i have heard that this benefit is also given to Neom employees.
Old Feb 4th 2023, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

thanks bmh77, another question, in my offer letter there is no mention of two domestic flights per month. Should I ask Neom to revise my offer letter because i have heard that this benefit is also given to Neom employees.
Mine didn’t have that either but I get the flights.
Old Feb 4th 2023, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Mine didn’t have that either but I get the flights.
do you get two flights per month? Do these flights have to be within KSA or it includes nearby destinations like Dunai, qatar etc. ?
Old Feb 4th 2023, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Mkm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

do you get two flights per month? Do these flights have to be within KSA or it includes nearby destinations like Dunai, qatar etc. ?
Are flights to Dubai included?
Old Feb 4th 2023, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Currently, the complementary flights are from Neom Bay Airport to Riyadh, Dammam, or Jeddah. They’re first come first served and leave Thursday afternoon/evening, returning Saturday night.
There are flights from Neom Bay to Dubai and London but those are at your expense. Also, the London flights are only through March at this point.

Old Feb 4th 2023, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mkm123
Are flights to Dubai included?
No.

Best bet for bits of normality is to go to Dammam and taxi over to Bahrain or get taxi to Aqaba.

Jeddah and Riyadh are absolute dumps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.